Are monogrammed chokers still cool?

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Are monogrammed chokers still cool?

Postby Azalee » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#I'm returning to the hunter ring this summer after about a decade away from showing.  I remember hearing that monogrammed chokers were the "thing" last year and want to know if they still are, lol  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#Then again, I'll be showing in black tack in a black jacket...and ... sigh ... I still think show bows and stockpins are pretty darned snappy.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley9.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby Mystic » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Embroidered chokers are still acceptable. I showed in a few hunter shows last year to get my girl out showing and I showed in an embroidered choker under my navy jacket. If possible though I would consider putting your hair up into your helmet if you're showing hunters, even if it's just at the schooling level. Nothing against the show bow as I use one but then I'm showing Jumpers and my appearance isn't as important as it is in the hunter ring although I am still quite neat and tidy about it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby Azalee » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#Thanks, Mystic!  Yeah I'm going to try to put my hair up which will be a challenge with my layers.  Oh well.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#Thanks again!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/13.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby Marty_Jones » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#get some Dipity Doo hair gel lol!! that stuff I find is the best. I skate and when I used to compete they'd gel up my hair Id take out my hair after it would still be in the pony tail#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:48 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Dipity doo does works great! lol#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I have no clue about the chokers since i've always worn plain ones and then a nice stock pin.....#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know they were in last year, partly because there were some issue with people falling off and the pins coming undone and poking people in the neck#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/1.gif"#ed_cl#, but I don't know about this year. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've always used a stock pin, with the hair bow, because I've got way too much hair to put it under my helmet.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Azalee » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#Haha, I can imagine myself using Dippity Doo and my hair molding itself into the shape of the inside of my helmet...and then having to walk around like that all day.  Kidding aside, I hadn't thought of it so must give it a try!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#Didn't realise the risk of getting poked was the reason for stockpins going out of style.  Kind of thought it was just "one of those things"...  That's too bad.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#I can't wrap my head around all this fashion stuff. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/5.gif"#ed_cl# Always considered myself a "hunter pauper"... #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby Mystic » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Azalee,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know what you mean about getting your hair up with layers, mine's the same. I have a small hair clip about 2" long that I use to pull the front and side pieces up on top of my head and then ponytail the rest before flipping the pony tail up into my  hair net and putting my helmet on on top. I find this actually thins out the amount of hair you're trying to stuff up the back of your helmet.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mystic.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby graciespook » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I cut my hair this past summer, and had problems getting it under my helmet. I used a heavy duty hairnet, and put it under my helmet, THEN dealt with the flyaways with gel and bobby pins...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Azalee » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#Awesome.  Thanks for the hair tips, guys!  I'm going to print out this thread for future reference.  Trying to think if there's anything else I needed to ask...I'll probably think of it as soon as I hit post.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, I'm not really an in-fashion hunter either. I don't really understand it. Sure, you want to look good, but what's with the changing of styles every year? Can I not just buy one article of each piece that makes the outfit and wear it until it doesn't fit???#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//silly.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Marty_Jones » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is one of the reasons I only show hunter in fairs and schooling show. Lol maybe when Im a millionair I'll "In style" lol#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/16.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Mystic » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Giddy Up,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I took my mare to 2 local hunter schooling shows last year I was wearing the same outfit I had been wearing when I showed Trillium Hunter years ago. And I don't care! But now I don't have to worry about that as I'm only showing schooling jumpers and I an wear a polo shirt#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mystic#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby DurhamJumper » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Black Jackets in the hunter ring are a big no no, they are considered a dressage colour and not highly looked up on by judges.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This year in the hunter ring you'll want to go with a green jacket and a stripped show shirt in a light pastel colour.  And breeches should be the greenie beigh colour#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby Marty_Jones » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Holy moly guess Im not showing any hunter this year I only have a black jacket and a white shirt. Maybe if Im desperate Ill pick up a cheepy green jacket. Mine one now is worth like $200 new and I dont show much hunter so it doesnt really seem worth it.... lol #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby DurhamJumper » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If your showing in a black jacket then make sure the shirt isnt white, thats an even bigger no no.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I show in a navy jacket (with red pin strip), dont have the money to keep buying new ones.  Just change the show shirt every year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#if you really want a new jacket check ebay, thats what I keep doing in the hopes that something comes along, though finding jackets in tall is hard#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby Azalee » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#There's a #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://chronicleforums.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/7076024331/m/858207365/r/302201465#302201465"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#thread on COTH#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl# about the black jackets supposedly being back "in".   Confusing.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley29.gif"#ed_cl# But in all seriousness, isn't it the competitors who set the styles and not the judges?  In hunter, the judges should be looking at the horse's trip and not the colour of our jackets, right?  Or am I just being naive?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#I'm glad I'm just doing schooling and local fairs this year...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby Marty_Jones » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmmmmm black it is then Im just going to get miles on Marty anyways and I dont care if I win cuz im not a serious hunter lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby geldinggirlie » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, really folks -- Can they seriously tell the difference between Black & Navy from their judges table?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The only schooling show i was in was in the winter and I wore my winter tall boots, my breeches & a white turtleneck and grey sweater#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it was freakin cold!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
geldinggirlie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hair Nets

Postby Eventer-at-Heart » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#385376#ed_cl#As an eventer, I find hair nets SO useful! My hair's all layered too, so i find it best to use 2 hairnets. This way your hair WON'T BUDGE. Ya, and dippdy do too... I think the riding population keeps that company in business! lol If you're worried about the stock pin poking you in the neck if you fall off, take a piece of foam (from like those make up applicators) and shove it onto the end after you've pinned it on. it'll be covered by your shirt #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley10.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
" I never knew true happiness until I saw a horse"
Eventer-at-Heart
Newbies
Newbies

Next

Return to Hunter/Jumper