Are monogrammed chokers still cool?

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Postby BarnBratCSA » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm a little behind and didnt read all the posts, so sorry if I repeat something someone's said already.  monogrammed collars are still in this year.  So are brighter colored shirts and gray, tan, etc colored jackets.  I like being in fashion, but agree that it gets expensive. I like to buy one or two things that I NEED anyway that are in, but keep the old classics. I have a green jacket that never goes out of style.  The one big thing that I think is a big "no" now are "colored" breeches like gray.  I know that fashion shouldnt matter, but I think a nice neat appearance makes a difference. Hair up and properly fitting clothes are more important than clothes that are "in".#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
A woman needs two animals in her life - the horse of her dreams and a jack@$$ to pay for it!
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eventer-at-Heart » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#00007f#ed_cl#Honestly, as far as jackets go... I'm hoping it doesn't really matter. I have a black jacket that was custom made for me, so I refuse to wear my old hunter green one. Apparently schooling shows aren't that strict anyway, right? i hear it gets bad at the upper levels. I was wondering, tho... can you warm up with boots on? My guy's making the eventer- hunter transition this summer for a bit, and he's used to boots. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
" I never knew true happiness until I saw a horse"
Eventer-at-Heart
Newbies
Newbies

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, you can warm up with boots on, but don"t forget to take them off (unless the show specifies that you can leave them on...) I always warm up with polos, I think it's something about the way they look...It's flashy!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What crazy fashions...I wear a navy-blue pinstriped jacket (actually, it's not even a real show jacket, it's a men's suit jacket, but nobody can ever tell the difference), and I have a pair of breeches that are a light beige, and I still wear a white shirt with stock tie. Mind you, I'm only at schooling level, although most people still wear white shirts there. I dont' really see the point in buying expensive clothes if it doesn't matter-however, I always make sure that I'm neatly dressed and look good.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby BarnBratCSA » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Warming up with boots or polos is fine as long as you remember to take them off.  Abby has a tnedancie to over-reach, so I like to school her in bell boots and usually my open-fronts, too. I think the one thing I'm most prone to forget is to take her tail down.  Abby has NO TAIL so she has a fake tail, and i keep it braided before my class so it doesnt drag or get dirty, and if I'm going to forget anything, its her tail. I always remember as I'm about to walk into the arena. hehe.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you're just at schooling shows, what you wear shouldnt matter as long as it's neat.  I really like the new "style"now, which is why I got some new things. I'm a big bargain hunter though and I wont spend a fortune on show clothes. I like that there's a little more room to express your self in the hunter ring now though. I  just got a new gray jacket ($100 at an equine expo!) and I have a green one alreay, so I got a mint green shirt and a pale purple-ish one too, and I think they'll both look nice under the gray, and the green one will go with the green coat so I can mix up my stuff a little.  That's what I love about showing western - you can waer a lot of different stuff and no one ever looks the same. hehe. I think I just may have a show clothes obsession!!! hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
A woman needs two animals in her life - the horse of her dreams and a jack@$$ to pay for it!
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Azalee » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#Haha, okay so what colour monogram would go best with an aqua shirt and stylin' black jacket?  Oh heck, maybe just black lettering.  But then there's the question of typeface...Times New Roman never goes out of style.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl#  Just kidding...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/3.gif"#ed_cl#Tee hee hee...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#definitely black would work, since your jacket is black- you bring the two black's together. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Mystic » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Definitely go with Black. I've always had a navy blue show jacket and my embroidery was done in Navy Blue. Always match the embroidery to your jacket color.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby Azalee » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f007f size=2#ed_cl#Okay, will do! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby ~Holograhm~*~DustBunny~ » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:14 pm

#ed_op#span style="color: rgb(0, 128, 255);"#ed_cl#hi folks#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
ok i have been showing hunters on the a circut and trillium for the past 4 years so here we go.....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
jackets- black and green are GONE!!!!  but if you are only showing
schooling nobody is really going to care.  now the judge isn't
really going to care what colour you wear, this is just trends!! 
the colours for this season is navy blue (should go out again any year
now!) if you wear blue you should have a pinstripe, it breaks it ap a
little. blue gray is in again again pinstripes are good!  some
jackets are actually ranging to a baby blue. grey (dark or light) is
REALLY in this year.  the same with any king of biege or tan/gold.
remember pinstripes are your friends!! they really give you options
with.......#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
shirts- you need to match your shirt with your jacket and the
pinstripe!  pastels are HUGE!!  baby blue and pink and yellow
all depending on your jacket!  stripes are good too, just don't go
to wild!  embroidered are still BIG they are all over, much more
than stalk pins!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
breaches-beige green and biege are the style.  all depending on
your other colours.  poofy hips, and remember they are come up
past your ankle!  #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
socks- crazy boot socks are still in they are the lycra material and they come in 90000000 different colours and prints!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
ok one last thing is to remember that this has to match your horse/pony
and you have to like it! no matter what the THING is you have to find
your own thing and you will agree and disagree with the trends as they
come and go.  you have to wear it so you have to love it!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
i hope that all this helps!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
Fly without wings. I do it all the time.
~Holograhm~*~DustBunny~
Newbies
Newbies

Location: just in the middle, 2 1/2 hours to montreal and the same to toronto. oh well road trips are fun!

Postby Pilgram » Mon May 09, 2005 1:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow i gotta say judges are picky lol i havent yet showed most likely gonna be showing next year but all these restrictions on colours of jackets ect. hehe its hilarious but gotta be a pain hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby ~BreezieStorm~ » Thu May 12, 2005 12:32 am

Pilgram wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow i gotta say judges are picky lol i havent yet showed most likely gonna be showing next year but all these restrictions on colours of jackets ect. hehe its hilarious but gotta be a pain hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its not really restrictions on colours presay its just frowned upon, like not braiding at the trillium level is frowned upon.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've only ever had navy because i dont find jackets that fit very often I would kill however for a grey jacket with pink or a soft purple underneath.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've also noticed at the two trillium shows so far this year that no one is wearing a pin or has monogramed chokers (maybe this is on the way out and they are just going to the collar) I dont know just guessing.  Because once you monograme makes it hard to sell your showshirt on the second hand market if you ever wanted to.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh and I've also noticed that people with purple show shirts are placing alot more then other the colour just really stands out.  You want to have something that really pops for the judges#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and when going into the show ring for hack classes you cant use anything like martigales or boots over fences though you can use martigales but no boots.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And try to go with a dress or field boot over paddock and half chaps you can get away with this at schooling but thats it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~BreezieStorm~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu May 12, 2005 3:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#mystic, tell me if this is allowed. I took xena to an event last year, and I always thought you could wear polo shirts for stadium too. And this is what ive been doing for YEARS! But I go into the stadium ring and the judge insisted that I go change and come back later with a jacket and show shirt. And all I had was my dressage coat and this was only entry level.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did something change in the rules? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Mystic » Thu May 12, 2005 3:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Unfortunately, I can't really help you Xena as I don't event but I know in the regular jumper ring, at least at the schooling level you can still wear a polo shirt. I did last year and the judge never said anything. Thanks for the warning. Was going to take my show jacket anyway but now will make sure I check with the show committee on that one.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby ~BreezieStorm~ » Thu May 12, 2005 3:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena - it all just depends on the show, some schooling entry level shows are really laid back and understand that the riders dont have all the money in the work and let them wear what they want.  Other want the whole show etire so that students get use to the whole show feel and also some place think it makes the show look better if they are doing it like the pros#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~BreezieStorm~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Fri May 13, 2005 10:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena, your best bet is to pack both and ask the show secretary when you pick up your number.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri May 13, 2005 11:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well I usually have my coat and stuff anyways for the dressage part... but it was really annoying when the judge did that haha. My horse was all warmed up and everything and then we had to wait.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess I will just ask before from now on. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to Hunter/Jumper