colours for showing

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

colours for showing

Postby weehaw » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:54 pm

so since i've gotten my new horse i need new colors for showing! and i would like all of your guys's opinions! shes a dark bay mare stands about 15.3 has a white star and stripe and one white sock. i was thinking red but would that be too flashy? i eventually want to event her but we're starting off with schooling shows and maybe a little dressage(i know dressage is white and black) so what does everyone think? i'll try and have pics by sometime this week! thanks for any suggestions! o and she would be in ALL red the saddle pad is red with gold trim and her polos are red and i wanted a beaded brow band that has red beads too.
live to ride, ride to live
proud mother of beautiful thoroughbred mare
weehaw
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's fine to show in in the jumpers but not in the hunters. My mare goes in a white saddlepad with green trim and green embroidery as well as green polos and a browband with a line of fake diamonds on it. I know you can get the same browband with fake rubies in it as my coach has it for her appy. I can let you know where I got mine if you're interested.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby weehaw » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:39 pm

i would LOVE to know where you got yours!!!! i've been looking for one but they seem to be all so expensive! i won't be showing hunter at all. she looks awesome in red but i didn't know if it would be too flashy or not. but please if you don't mind telling me where you got your browband and maybe the price as well... totally up to you though
weehaw
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Marty_Jones » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I find lots of people use red and green for there colours. I Used royal and Navy blue, White and Black. But Im an eventer, so I can go wild with my colours. For hunter I just use a white saddle pad.... Try to get something that not many people use like pink, yellow, baybe blue, orange, purple(light or dark) etc. Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Mystic » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I went with green simply because I found a saddle pad I really like that had the green piping on it. Plus our barn colours are green and white so that's another reason I went with those colors. I ended up getting my browband at dressage extensions #ed_op#A href="http://www.dressage-ext.com/"#ed_cl#http://www.dressage-ext.com/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# I don't remember exactly how much is was but I paid US $ for it. I think with shipping and the exchange it came to like $60. I did find the identical one up here at Baker's Saddlery but the problem came in that my girl wears an oversized bridle (she's a clyde cross) and they didn't have an oversized chocolate brown leather browband.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby *rickie* » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Ahh if she's a mare.....I'd SOOO do Baby Pink....but I'm going through this HUGE LOVE for baby pink, and well all baby colors!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I know, I know, it's trendy right now....but man, it's soo cute!!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I'm in the midst of getting the stuff to make my own baby blue polos, and saddle pad.....I'm even considering making a baby blue fly doilly thing.......but those take SOOO long to make!! But it'll look soo cute on my little blue roan colt.....since his name is Blue...and he's a baby....(2y/o right now) It's too cute........*Baby Blue, in Baby Blue* hahahahaha#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Ok.....done...sorry.......#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby weehaw » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:49 pm

lol rickie!!!! thats too cute. at first i really wanted pink but couldnt find any!! and the polos would be hard to match too!
weehaw
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *rickie* » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#no no no.....they make them in light pink....I see them EVERYWHERE!!!!! And they sell the matching saddle pads and polos together for a deal!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I only know, cause I was tempted to buy the like Blue ones right next to them!! hehehehe#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Besides...if youcan't find matching ones......just get someone to make them for you, or make them yourself....I do!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby weehaw » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:12 pm

where can i find them?
weehaw
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *rickie* » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#hmm let me get back to you on that one!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#But if you're interested, I can make you some....and I can guarantee they'll match.......#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby DurhamJumper » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm all about the hawaiian print when at home but in the show ring it the traditional white.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#on a mare that colour I would go with a baby pink or a nice soft purple *easter colours...hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby weehaw » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:24 pm

so how many different show colours can one have? lol :D cause i think i might have few! maybe one for schooling, the white for dressage, and a few to choose from when going on hunter paces! lol there! i have it all worked out! no but relaly can i change the colours?
weehaw
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Marty_Jones » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have pink polos any takers???? Marty would get beat up if the other boys saw him in pink lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby DurhamJumper » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can have as many show colours as you want whos going to stop you#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mostly my colour is Burgundy but also use black & hunter green!! All look good together. Im addicted to getting everyhting in burgundy and i mean addicted i have everything possible u can get in burgundy its crazy!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Where ever my horse is, is where I will be~
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As I said in an earlier post, I use hunter green and white with a rhinestone diamond browband. I use the green and white because those are our barn colours. Plus being mounted on a black horse I could use just about any colour I wanted. I ended up with green and white because I found a show pad I absolutely loved and the piping on it just happened to be hunter green so I had my girl's name embroidered on it in green and I've recently purchased new hunter green polos.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the pony i lease( a grey) i use navy blue and purple with her for my lessons and regular rides, and my friend who owns her has a whole set of baby blue things(polos, escadrons, saddlepad) for jumpers and when we go away to clinics!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't really know where you're located, but Bahr's has all kinds of colours. I saw baby pink, light (lilac) purple, and coral polos. They also have similar coloured saddle pads, and some halters. Very cool. If you found a neat saddle pad, you could always make your own polos.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do like the idea of the red, along with the ruby studded bridle. Would look very nice. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *rickie* » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#weehaw, sorry it took me so long to get back to you...hope you haven't bought all your stuff yet!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I did find the website that sells the baby pink saddle pad and polos together as a set...so here it is....they also do other colors as well.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.dressageextensions.com/ProductDetail.asp?KEY=25261"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#8080ff size=4#ed_cl#http://www.dressageextensions.com/ProductDetail.asp?KEY=25261#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Let me know if you get them!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#PS, they also sell those studded brow bands  you were interested in (I think it was you anyways) and they have some on sale for pretty cheap in their "On Sale - Super Closeout" section.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Hunter/Jumper