London Area?

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

London Area?

Postby darcysgirl » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey everyone!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm moving to London for school in the fall (UWO!) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any stables or tackshops near by? I've never been there before and am really anxious to see whether or not I'll be able to continue my horse crazy life #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//lick.gif"#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you have a webpage, address or anything (Or if you work there) I'd love to hear from you!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//horsehead2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thankyou #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley31.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kristin ;)
darcysgirl
Newbies
Newbies

Postby TimeToCryBaby » Mon May 09, 2005 7:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#where i ride/live isn't quite in london but is about 20 minutes or so from it... There is quite a few tack shops here and lots LOADS of stables! Tons and tons!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good luck on your search#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The sight of that pony did something to me I've never quite been able to explain. He was more than tremendous strength and speed and beauty of motion. He set me dreaming.
~Walt Morey
TimeToCryBaby
Newbies
Newbies

Postby weehaw » Mon May 09, 2005 7:40 pm

i live about 10 minutes from london and there are lots of little tack shops! the best known is greenhawk which is in lambeth (london) then there is a small family run business in belmont(about 15mins. from london) called bilyeas, another larger one in Arva (farside of North london) called sprucewood. barns i'm sure aren't hard to find but i've just never had to look! lol i do know of one outside of london called Allison Warwick. and i think another was built in thorndale which is about 20 mins from london. anywho london is a great place to live and ride! but then again i've only eveer ridden here!! lol let us know what happens!!!
live to ride, ride to live
proud mother of beautiful thoroughbred mare
weehaw
Newbies
Newbies

Postby panzita0 » Tue May 10, 2005 9:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm going to be living outside of london right in St. Marys and we're going to have a farm it's really cool and big it's set up for standardbreds right now but hopefully I'll be able to get it in shape by the summer and we can take on all disicpilines. Yea we need a name for the stable too we're stuck on it :'(#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kaleena » Wed May 11, 2005 7:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Darcysgirl,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What are you taking at UWO? And what rez are you going into? I just finished up my 4year degree at Western. London is a great city to live in! Are you bringing a car with you to school? because there aren't very many (if any) tack shops or barns on bus routes. I was lucky enough to have my own car. Starting in 2nd year I volunteered at SARI (a therapuetic riding centre) which is just north of the city because I missed my horses that I had left at home. In 4th year I was able to bring one of my horses to London with me. I found a little barn just west of Lambeth (about a 20min drive) to board. I loved having my horse at school with me. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One thing you can do if you don't have a car and you want to ride is try and find someone like me who has a car! lol...I gave a ride to a girl who contacted me through this site actually asking if the barn I was at had horses for part board, it did, so I picked her up at her residence one day and she came out to meet the horses. She ended up part-boarding a gelding and I would take her out with me everytime I went out to see my own horse. She gave me a little money for gas every month which helped me out. Now that I'm done school and she still has 3years to go she was looking to buy her own car for next year so that she can continue part-boarding. If you are interested PM me and I can give you her e-mail...maybe you guys could work something out (assuming that you didn't have your own car :) )#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby darcysgirl » Wed May 11, 2005 2:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thnx so much guys! I really appreciate it!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm looking into a place to work at so this is all really great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey #ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#A name=""#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl#Kaleena, #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl#I'm taking Kin. and hoping to get into Alumni House.  I'm looking for a place to work when I settle in, I won't have a car and was hoping that at least something would be on the bus route, oh well.   Thank you so much for your info!#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl#thnx again#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kristin ;)
darcysgirl
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Hunter/Jumper