So...where are people showing this season?

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

So...where are people showing this season?

Postby Hev339 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:32 pm

Just wondering if I'll see any of you guys out there. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
(And, I also want some suggestions as I'm still looking for show dates
and places around the time Bogart will be ready to go..I was gonna look
up the last time I posted asking for suggestions, but it seems to have
disappeared). #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
So, what level are all of you hunter/jumpers showing at, and what shows
do you frequent? (Whether you go every year, or are trying some new
places this season!) #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Anyone in the Clarington/Durham area??#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I'll be attending the Trailblazers Series in Sutton this year with both Harvey and Dream. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Major and I will be doing the Trillium hunter circuit.  I think the shows are at Fallowfield in Trenton and a place in Kingston.  If he's not ready then we'll do the Ontario Quarter Horse Circuit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby BarnBratCSA » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm in New York, US, so I doubt I'll see any of you, but I thought I'd add this anyway.   I show my mare in the greens at local "C" rated hunter shows, and we plan to do a few "A" shows this summer if I have the money! hehe.  We also do some small open shows just for exposure when I take the lesson kids.   I show some client's horses in various events and levels, depending on the horse.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We had our first show at the barn this weekend - our barn is host to a series of shows ("C" rated) from april - september.  I didnt show, but had students showing, and they all did quite well! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
A woman needs two animals in her life - the horse of her dreams and a jack@$$ to pay for it!
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Mystic » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll be doing the York/Durham schooling series this summer at The Pickering Horse Centre and Blue Star Farms. It's a series of 5 shows between the two farms. Pickering is in May, June and September with Bluestar taking July and August. My mare can easily go 3'-3'6 but it's only her second year of showing and mine back in the jumper ring after many years out of that ring so we'll be doing the 2'3-2'6 jumpers. These are really great shows to start out at. They're pretty low key yet still quite competitive. The programs can be found on Pickering's website at #ed_op#A href="http://www.pickeringhorsecentre.ca"#ed_cl#www.pickeringhorsecentre.ca#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#. First show of the season is May 22.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Terry!!! you will get to see xena if you come to fallowfield!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Embiem3 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will be at pretty much every 'A' show this season.... still trying to convince myself that this IS a good thing. Some how sleeping in is beginning to look more appealing after being at Hendervale all last weekend.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Second Verse(Brooklyn)

Embiem3

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll be at schooling shows in the Hamilton area. Probably Ancaster Saddle Club and Hunt Club.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Hunter/Jumper