Zippered Field Boots

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Postby Mystic » Thu May 05, 2005 11:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rickie, I also use a boot bag to tote them around and by having the boot trees/newspapers in them and in the boot bag it gives me a place to keep my spurs, gloves and boot pulls so that I always know where they are.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby ~BreezieStorm~ » Thu May 05, 2005 2:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I cut an old crazy carpet in two and roll that up so it supports the whole boot while its being stored, works great.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~BreezieStorm~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Trufflemaker » Fri May 06, 2005 8:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't know if you have bought your boots yet because I just found this forum, but you might want to check out Sandridge Saddlery in Hudson, Quebec. #ed_op#A href="http://www.sandridge.ca/Specials.asp"#ed_cl#http://www.sandridge.ca/Specials.asp#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# They have field boots on sale for $100 that retail for $325. Sounds like a good deal, and you can order online. The trick is to know exactly what boot you're buying, and what size you need.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Mystic » Fri May 06, 2005 8:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Trufflemaker but I already bought the boots last week. I'll keep the website though for future reference if I need to get a new pair in the future. I actually really like the ones I have now. They're breaking in real fast.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Pony Hunter » Mon May 09, 2005 2:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just got a pair of Equi Comfort feild boots and I love them. The zipper makes them SO easy to get on/off! I was going to get the Ariat ones but then I noticed the Equi Comfort ones and they were more affordable so I went with them #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Azalee » Sat May 14, 2005 4:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wish I had bought zippered field boots.  I'm wearing my new boots now.  Wore them riding last night. At least the #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#boots#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# looked good. The rest of the ride was interesting, to say the least.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wonder if doing that heel exercise on the stairs while wearing them will help...Off to try that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sat May 14, 2005 6:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Azalee- Do the stair exercise with your boots on. Give your boots an oiling and then walk around your house with them on regularly- even if your just watching tv, you can sit there and rotate your ankles and work on pushing into your heels.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Azalee » Sun May 15, 2005 6:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sigh.  The things we do for beauty... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/17.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, did the stair exercise, GU and it worked.  Went out to ride later and the boots felt a lot better than they do initially.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun May 15, 2005 7:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Excellent!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Speaking of boots, I need to buy a new pair soon too... the soles are starting to come off the bottom#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl#. Although not bad considering I've had them for almost 3 years and they were $150 boots.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Azalee » Mon May 16, 2005 5:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Haha, maybe we should start a support group for people breaking in new field boots.  "That pain you feel behind your knee is a #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#good#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# thing...!"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon May 16, 2005 9:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol, yes yes.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Although, the pair I have, I didn't have a big trouble breaking them in. At first I was afraid to try them, because every one else had told me *horror* stories of blisters and pain, but when I broke mine in I didn't get blisters unless I walk around in them all day, and they weren't that painful. Just took a few months to get the heel in just right. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But now, I almost don't want to get a new pair because of the fact that they are nicely broken in. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Then again, I know people who did go through the horror stories. I remember my friend bought this pair of Ariats that she had a heck of a time getting off- at first it took like 30 mins a boot to pull off, and she tried everything to stretch them- baths, dryers, stretching, ect. Finally they worked themselves out.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Feild Boots

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Mon May 16, 2005 10:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just got a new pair of Ariats. I had hell of time with them lol, just in the store!!! I was fine getting and taking off the left boot, but the right was a different story. I could get my foot in till about the heel and then no further, so they dry stretched it, then i could get my foot in the boot. Then we had the problem of getting it off!! Took about 20 mins and by the end when i took it off my ankle and top of my foot were soo red and swollen lol. So they ended up wet stretching the right boot. I got them back finally on Saturday and now both boots are fine and i can get them on and OFF with no problem lol!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now i just have to break them in, Oh YAY cant wait lol!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Where ever my horse is, is where I will be~
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Tue May 17, 2005 7:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gee makes me glad I didn't go with the ariats then. I got the Cavalier and other than doing my spur up a little too tight last week which put pressure on my ankle from the boot pressing I haven't had too much problem with them. I've worn them for about 2 weeks and they're almost broken in already but I'm still planning to wear my old boots at the show this weekend.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby BarnBratCSA » Tue May 17, 2005 8:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm ordering Ariat's with the zipper this weekend - they're an early birthday present from my gram! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
A woman needs two animals in her life - the horse of her dreams and a jack@$$ to pay for it!
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Foxie » Tue May 17, 2005 9:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I bought a pair of Equi-comforts a couple of months ago and I'm putting off breaking them in. I don't want the pain. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/7.gif"#ed_cl# I guess I'll wear them around and do GU's stair exercise. I'll try it and let you guys know how its going. I do have one question.....I bought mink oil in a paste to put on my boots. Is that enough or should I use something else?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I looked at the Ariat's but the Equi's were cheaper. I'm jealous that you're buying them!! ENJOY.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BarnBratCSA » Wed May 18, 2005 12:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Foxie, I bought this great spray...all the bottle said was "boot stretching spray" - it was a little tiny spray bottle, maybr 6 ounces, and you spray it on when you wear your boots and it helps them conform to your leg size. I used it and then let 4 or 5 of my friends use it and we all raved about how it borke our boots in.  If I can find the name of the company that makes it I'll let you know, it worked wonders and it was so cheap! like $7 US! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
A woman needs two animals in her life - the horse of her dreams and a jack@$$ to pay for it!
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Previous

Return to Hunter/Jumper