York/Durham Schooling Series

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

York/Durham Schooling Series

Postby Mystic » Mon May 02, 2005 9:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any one here on the board planning to go to any of these shows?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby Azalee » Wed May 04, 2005 5:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I plan on going to at least some of the shows at PHC.  Not sure which divisions, though.  I'll be showing Az under the name Leather And Lace.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby Mystic » Wed May 04, 2005 7:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Azalee, I'll be going to the ones at PHC (Sept questionable but May and June are a definite). I'll be in the 2'3" - 2'6" Novice Jumper Division. My horse will be showing under the name Lady Ebony. She's the one in my avatar. We won't be hard to miss, just look for the big black mare with 4 white socks.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Azalee » Tue May 10, 2005 1:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's cool, Mystic. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley4.gif"#ed_cl# I think I just might do the hack division the first time out.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do you know if you #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#have#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# to be an OEF member to participate? Took a look at the entry form and saw the OEF # spot.   I hadn't joined this year (yet!) because I only planned on going to schooling shows/local fairs.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Azalee

Postby Mystic » Tue May 10, 2005 1:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't think it's mandatory for Pickering. You can always email Danielle and she'll let you know for sure. Also you can always put "Applied For" in the OEF # spot. If you go, keep an eye out for me. I'll definitely be there with my girl in the 2'3"-2'6" jumper division.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Mystic » Wed May 11, 2005 7:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Azalea, I don't believe an OEF number is required for Pickering. They are using Blue Star's entry form this year so it may just be Blue Star that requires it, much like the strangles certificate (which you need if you plan on stabling at Blue Star. It is not required for Pickering). I would double check with Pickering though. All you have to do is email Danielle at #ed_op#A href="mailto:yagphc@allstream.net"#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=darkblue size=2#ed_cl#yagphc@allstream.net#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl# . She'll get back to you fairly quickly.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Azalee » Wed May 11, 2005 12:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eek...I was looking through PHC's site and it does say OEF membership is mandatory for riders and owners.  Thanks for Danielle's email address, Mystic!  I'll drop her a note just to double check.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Azalee

Postby Mystic » Wed May 11, 2005 12:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Definitely best to double check. I know a stable that shows at PHC and i can pretty much guarantee that most of those riders don't have OEF #s. I know because I used to ride there and we never needed it to show at PHC. Also if it's an issue, just do like I said, put 'Applied For' on the OEF# line and fill out the paperwork and send it into the OEF for a #. It's about $50 a year for an OEF ##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby BTDT » Wed May 11, 2005 1:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Guy's.  PHC will answer and confirm for themselves but when we (PHC and Blue Star) discussed our combined shows for this year the decision was made to support the OEF for a number of reasons.  Not only does it ensure that you have significant liability insurance in place to protect you, (horse & rider), they have also just finished fighting a major battle for all of us horse people with regard to the commercial property tax issue.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How better can we support their initiatives than through such a reasonably priced membership?  The more members they have, the more powerful a lobbying body they (and we) become to ensure that we can alll continue to afford and make use of safe environments both at home and on the road.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//laugh.gif"#ed_cl# My political action speech for the day!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ec-thumbup.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BTDT

Postby Cendure » Wed May 11, 2005 2:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you go to the Ontario Equestrian Federation website:  #ed_op#A href="http://www.horse.on.ca"#ed_cl#www.horse.on.ca#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# you can apply for your OEF number on line.  Which probably is much faster than trying to get the forms and then sending them in.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<em>Winning is one's own pursuit of individual excellence.</em>
Cendure
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Azalee » Wed May 11, 2005 3:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the insider info, BTDT. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/13.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp; I agree with your reasonings (figured the liability issue had something to do with it, but didn't even think about the tax reason, DOH!)&nbsp; So I'll try to apply online later tonight and also drop a note.&nbsp; Fingers crossed!&nbsp; Always count on me to make things more complicated than they need to be.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And oh my horse will be one of many bay TB's.&nbsp; That said, she has a pretty distinctive face:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://community.webshots.com/photo/189713617/324511995usuYvs"#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/photo/189713617/324511995usuYvs#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cheers!&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/19.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby Mystic » Wed May 11, 2005 3:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you make it out to PHC on May 22, feel free to hunt me down (no pun intended there #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/5.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm pretty hard to miss seeing as I'll be mounted on a 16.2 black clyde/hackney cross that has 4 white socks. She'll be the one with the 4 green polos and diamond studded browband. My saddle pad will say Lady Ebony on the left side. If you can't find us in the ring anywhere, you'll probably find us in the portable stabling area as I've gotten a stall for the day.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here's some pics of her taken at PHC last year when she was showing hunters (that's her in my avatar as well) #ed_op#A href="http://www.geocities.com/jamielynnpotter/Ebony.html"#ed_cl#www.geocities.com/jamielynnpotter/Ebony.html#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Azalee » Wed May 11, 2005 8:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yay!&nbsp; I just applied for OEF membership and they sent a confirmation email that can be used as temporary proof of membership.&nbsp; I'll just attach a copy to my entry form!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mystic, Ebony is gorgeous!&nbsp; I'll be sure to peek around for you.&nbsp; I'm sure you won't be difficult to find.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby ~BreezieStorm~ » Wed May 11, 2005 10:53 pm

BTDT wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Guy's.&nbsp; PHC will answer and confirm for themselves but when we (PHC and Blue Star) discussed our combined shows for&nbsp;this year the decision was made to support the OEF for a number of reasons.&nbsp; Not only does it ensure that you have significant liability insurance in place to protect you, (horse &amp; rider), they have also just finished fighting a major battle for all of us horse people with regard to the commercial&nbsp;property tax issue.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How better can we support their initiatives than through such a reasonably priced membership?&nbsp; The&nbsp;more members they have, the more powerful a lobbying body they (and we) become to ensure that we can alll continue to afford and make use of safe environments both at home and on the road.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//laugh.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;My political action speech for the day!&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ec-thumbup.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know alot of barns are going with riders must have the OEF just to ride at the place.&nbsp; Which in my mind is a great idea, not only do you protect yourself but also the barn.&nbsp; I wont let any of my students ride with out it, or partboard a horse without, what if something happens?&nbsp; Try and sue give me a break get the insurance and take responability for yourself, accidents happen this covers your arse (sorry did low suit up against a friend because a partboard broke her arm riding the horse)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also agree that it shows the government just how many people are out there that they are effecting with this stupid property tax crap.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~BreezieStorm~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Mon May 16, 2005 2:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#According to the Weather Network, Sunday is supposed to be a fantastic day which means Gary will have another of his fabulous show days. I can't wait. See you there Azalea!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Azalee » Mon May 16, 2005 6:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yep, see you there, Mystic!&nbsp; And good luck!&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp; So&nbsp;#ed_op#EM#ed_cl#glad#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# to hear the weekend should be beautiful.&nbsp; Do you know what the temp's going to be?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone else showing at PHC on the 22nd?&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby Mystic » Mon May 16, 2005 6:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I checked the Weather Network this morning it was saying 22 and sunny#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Who is going on the 19th to PHC? I *might* be there as i am going to trailer Cheryl's horse, and figured I may as well bring Harvey along too. She will be doing one of the simpler classes. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Isnt the schooling show at PHC on the 26th?????#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im taking the brat, were doing the novice jumpers, it will be the first for both of us&nbsp;doing the jumpers!! And will be his 4th show!!Should be interesting!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Where ever my horse is, is where I will be~
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Lehane » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:18 pm

Addicted2Chestnuts wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Isnt the schooling show at PHC on the 26th?????#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im taking the brat, were doing the novice jumpers, it will be the first for both of us&nbsp;doing the jumpers!! And will be his 4th show!!Should be interesting!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup the show SP is talking about is the Trillium show.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Next

Return to Hunter/Jumper