York/Durham Schooling Series

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl#Oh ok thanxs Lehane, for clearing that up!! I was confused cause the thread was about the schooling series!!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Where ever my horse is, is where I will be~
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/16.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/15.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#hehe leave it to me to confuse someone..#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Mystic » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:47 am

Addicted2Chestnuts wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Isnt the schooling show at PHC on the 26th?????#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im taking the brat, were doing the novice jumpers, it will be the first for both of us doing the jumpers!! And will be his 4th show!!Should be interesting!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What's your horse's show name and what do they look like? I'll be there on the 26th with my girl in the novice jumpers as well and I know what you mean, this is my girl's 5th show. That's us in my avatar from the hunters at Pickering last year. We're a little hard to miss, just look for the big black mare walking around the show grounds #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Mystic on Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby Mystic » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:05 am

Sodapoppers wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Who is going on the 19th to PHC? I *might* be there as i am going to trailer Cheryl's horse, and figured I may as well bring Harvey along too. She will be doing one of the simpler classes. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#SP, you do realize that in order to show you're going to need your Equine Canada number, your OEF number and your Trillium Hunter Jumper number. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Sodapoppers » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Yea I know, expensive #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/confused.gif"#ed_cl# I'm not showing her though, Cheryl is, and since she is already showing her horse anyway she should have her numbers. Do you need a different Equine Canada or Hunter jumper number for different horses? Or is it like the OEF and is for the rider? i've never even been to a trillium show before so I don't know :D I am pretty sure she will only do one class though Cheryl was telling me class-by-class it is cheaper to do the whole division. Even if she does go but dosn't show, it should still be fun and good experience for her! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Mystic » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:17 am

#ed_op#P#ed_cl#SP, I just checked out the entry form for the Pickering Trillium show. It asks for the passport number, OEF #, Trillium Hunter/Jumper # and Equine Canada Sport License # for the Owner AND the rider of the horse. The passport # may not necessarily be needed depending on the class and whether it is considered a "Core" class, a "Core" class being one that you can qualify for the championships in. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I used to show trillium hunters. The mare I'm riding now could easily do the Child/Adult Jumpers but I can't afford to pay the entry fees. I much prefer going to the schooling shows. Pickering is a great place to show though, maybe you should consider bringing Harvey and/or Dream to the schooling shows there. They have everything from Hack classes to cross-rails up to 2'9 hunters plus jumpers that range in height from 2'3 - 3'.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Lehane » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I might be at the PHC schooling show, perhaps in the novice jumpers (my first time showing jumpers!) If I am there I'll be on a big bay/black horse dressed in baby blue  hehe.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lehane,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My girl is solid black with 4 white socks. She'll be in hunter green and white with her name on her saddlepad. We will be in the 2'3-2'6 novice jumpers. My girl's name is Lady Ebony. Here's what she looks like #ed_op#A href="http://www.geocities.com/jamielynnpotter/Ebony.html"#ed_cl#www.geocities.com/jamielynnpotter/Ebony.html#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# These were taken at PHC last June when we were showing hunters. It was only her 2nd over fences show. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My horses show name is Colour Within. Hes a little Chestnut  gelding with a blaze and one sock on the hind left & starting to roan out. He will be all in burgundy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I cant wait should be alot of fun!! My nerves are going already lol!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Cheryl » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will probably be there with my chestnut.  He will be the one having the time of his life with the rider holding on for dear life.  We will be showing in the novice jumpers to his dismay.  HE thinks bigger is better.  Too bad so sad.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Postby Mystic » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Looks like it's going to be an EC get together in the novice jumper ring at PHC in a couple weeks. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/15.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Lehane » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Unless I chicken out and do the 2'6 hunters instead, then Cheryl will be doing them too with me (since it's her other horse I ride!).#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#How can I remember the immediate jump off? That's my biggest fear right now. Any tips?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You make sure you walk your jump off after you walk your initial course and as you're going over your course before you enter, make sure you go over your jump off as well. Also, don't let yourself get rushed before starting your jumpoff. You have 45 seconds to start after the whistle which is a long time. Go over your course again before starting.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Mystic » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So let's see, we have me Mystic, Addicted2Chestnuts, Cheryl and Lehane all going to the show in 2 weeks on June 26th at PHC. Anyone else going? If so what do you plan to show? I'll be in the novice jumpers with my mare Lady Ebony.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#we're not going to the trillium show now :D But I will probably come to watch cheryl and lehane at the schooling show if i can get up that early#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Mystic » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#SP, it depends on what division they're doing when they'll go and how early you'll need to be up. I know for a fact that the jumpers don't start before noon. Last time the novice jumpers started at 12:30pm. Also the 2'6 hunters didn't go until around the same time as the jumpers. The crossrail and 2' divisions go first thing in the morning.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Mystic » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For those of you going to PHC for the schooling show this weekend hope you're all prepared for a hot and steamy day! Temp is forecasted at 28. Unknown humidex at this point in the week.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sounds like it should be good weather!! Hopefull its not really humide!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mystic, r u going to wear a jacket?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok, heres my next problem!!! I got new feild boots abour a month ago, ive only worn them a few times and will be wearing them alot this week. Im goigng to wear them at the show, but my problem is if they really start to hurt me. Im going to take them off and switch to my paddock boots & half chaps, they match . Is that ok???? casue id reallt rather not be in pain if that does occur!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Cheryl » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Paddock boots and half chaps are perfectly fine.  Esp since you are in the jumper ring.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Postby Mystic » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As long as you're in the jumper ring than paddock boots and half chaps should not be a problem. If you were showing hunter that would be another story. I will not be wearing my jacket if it's as hot as they say it's going to be. I'll be in a white polo shirt instead.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter/Jumper