Stadium jump designs

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Stadium jump designs

Postby cadence » Wed May 25, 2005 11:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Does anyone know a website that shows you how to build nice stadium jumps (measurements, designs, how to put it together, etc. for the carpenter-challenged)??  TIA. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BTDT » Tue May 31, 2005 2:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My recommendation is to go and buy at least one set of standards that you like the looks of and that will meet your needs.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Then copy, copy, copy.  Been there and done that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have to tell you that after you have made one or two sets, you'll be on the phone to buy more.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#TIP:  Make sure that you buy pressure treated wood (or you are wasting your time and make sure that you don't leave any (and I mean any) unpainted ends.  I'd go so far as to say paint before you put everything together it will save you having to make them again in the near future.  Also, if you use carriage bolts to attach the base of the standards (or anything ground level), your repairs and replacements will be much easier to do.  Don't use nails on anything other than the wing boards (if you are making wings).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have a great carpenter in residence (yaaa Mike) and he's made some filler pieces but he will be the first to tell you to bite the bullet and buy um.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BTDT

Postby Kobau » Tue May 31, 2005 5:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a buddy down in Texas send me the plans for some basic standards. if you want pm me and i'll scan them onto the comp and send them to you. They have a picture and the suplies and tools needed listed...and the directions are super nice and simple.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#do you have a riding stable near by? You could ask them if you can measure their standards. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will send the plans for the standards as soon as i'm home, I'm in BC right now.. I'll be back in MB in a couple days...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cadence » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the tips.  Kobau, I PM'd you.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There is one catch, however.  If you buy treated wood, you have to wait 6 months before you can paint it because the treatment will resist all forms of paint and the paint will just slide off.  Been there, done that already.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'd like to make a Canadian flag wall type jump... think that would be interesting.  There is one stable in our area that has an Ogopogo jump... who is our celebrity lake monster, and who supposedly has been rather active this year with many sightings already.  The standards are his long neck/head and the other side is his tail with his body being what you jump.  Kinda cute actually.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm460YYCA" target=_blank#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG alt=Fishy src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_33_3.gif" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok i sent the jump plans... whoever asked me to send, and didn't get them, I had one email that was returned....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Hunter/Jumper