crest release vs. automatic release

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Postby Mystic » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's what the automatic release looks like from the ground when your horse is standing still. That's not where you hands will be when you are actually jumping. The reason you don't see many people below the grand prix level using this release is because it isn't taught properly and people aren't taught how to ride with independent aids. I can and do use the automatic release when possible, but then I spent 2 years doing nothing but dressage work, learning how to use my hands, legs and seat independently of one another.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh and twopointrdr, no need to get snippy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby twopointrdr » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mystic, I am not trying to be snippy.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We just all know I'm sure that there are many many different schools of teaching and while yes some may be more "proper" and others "unorthodox" ultimately each person finds what works for them. :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
twopointrdr
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Lehane » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:39 pm

#ed_op#A href="http://members.aol.com/WellieFellie/Bumpkin2.jpg"#ed_cl#http://members.aol.com/WellieFellie/Bumpkin2.jpg#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Auto release in action...looks the same as in the pic posted earlier ;) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes I agree Lehane, the picture you have is a better representation. I just don't personally think the very original picture is an automatic release.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Previous

Return to Hunter/Jumper