Medal type courses

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Medal type courses

Postby williame » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:15 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm looking into doing my rider level 3/level 8 (new program) and it says i'd have to jump medal type courses. I haven't shown in years so I don't really know what to expect by that definition. From what I remember they were more complicated, like an equitation course. Just looking for some clarification. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#BLOCKQUOTE id=f06ea79f#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#/BLOCKQUOTE#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
williame
Newbies
Newbies

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya im pretty sure its like an eq course.  but in medal courses i think you have to do things like trot into a jump and halt and stuff. but i may be wrong!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think PL is right. It's an equitation type course and can include things like jump fence 1, halt at C, then proceed to jump fence 2, or something of the sort. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So there is a new program for rider levels now eh? I haven't taken mine in years. It was like 4 years ago that I last did mine. I have up to half of my 3rd (I have my written test, stable management, lunging and all the ground work stuff, but I have to do my riding components).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had talked to the person who runs it from OEF and she told me that if you already have an old level you can continue with the old levels until next May I believe. They apparently just wanted more levels so it getting higher levels would be more accessible to people who just want the levels for knowledge and not to cotinue to coaching levels. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is it a "Jumper Medal" type course? Or hunter? It makes a huge difference. I did a jumper medal course and you did the course and we're judged on position,. flow ect (like hunter but more jumperish haha) and then you had to come back to the ring after and do a class with everyone... w/t/c/collections and extensions. They also have mandatory heights and types of jumps they have to use and the jumps are all different heights. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Hunter/Jumper