Liverpool Needed

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Liverpool Needed

Postby Mystic » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone know where I can pick up a liverpool? When I was at the Blue Star Schooling show in July, they had a liverpool set as an option fence along with a tall skinny. My mare's never jumped a liverpool and I'd like to train her to jump them. My coach offered to get her husband to make one but I'm afraid he'll use wood instead of foam for the sides. Any suggestions on where I could purchase one?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oline from a jump seller. Theres tons, you'll pay a ton of money for the real deal though. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Why can't you request your coaches husband to make one with foam? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Positively4thStreet » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually, there's these plastic things for liverpools-- I know my BO had one (although I think her daughter "borrowed" it)-- it's lightweight so you can move it around and about an inch or two deep, you just fill it with water. I think you can get them in different sizes. I thought it was a really good idea, rather than building some big thing, if you're just going to be using it for training. Don't ask me where to pick it up, though! But now you have an idea as to what to ask for.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Positively4thStreet
Groupie
Groupie

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think I've seen the one's that P4thS is talking about. They look like a mini blow up pool!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In the mean time, you could get a blue tarp and put that under the jumps in a square like fashion, or even blue garbage bags until you find something better.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.jumpswest.com/jumpobstacles.htm"#ed_cl#http://www.jumpswest.com/jumpobstacles.htm#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There you go, exactly as you would see at a show. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby spotz » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:20 am

Hey there,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
In a pinch you can make one that is cheap, easy to move & is safe...& it will simulate a liverpool.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Buy a big blue tarp, fold it to the width you want your liverpool to be
& lay it on the ground  under your jump....then put a regular
white pole at the front & back edge of the blue tarp....then just
spray water on the tarp to make it wet & shiny...it really doesn't
need to hold alot of water as it's the sparkle & shine not the
depth of water that makes them look down.....works really well &
you can start with a narrow liverpool & then widen it easily as she
get used to it!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Get Spotted In A Crowd...Ride An Appaloosa!"
"I'M HOT 4 SPOTZ"
My Patty!
spotz
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Mystic » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Spotz, that's the kind of thing I was looking for. I don't really want to be shelling out over $200 US for the liverpool. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Nick of Thyme » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#To add to the tarp idea, instead of using the poles, you can buy the noodles used in pools and staple the tarp around them. So easy and cheap!#ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Nick of Thyme
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow i had no idea how expensive jumps were till I looked at the site xena posted....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya and theyre all pretty expensive, ive looked and looked for something cheaper but couldnt find anything. Building them is cheaper if you are handy. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Update

Postby Mystic » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Spotz,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just wanted to let you know your idea worked like a dream. Bought a blue tarp and set it out at 4' wide under a nice 2'9 vertical with a rail on either side to hold the tarp down. Ebony jumped it without question, all she did was look down as she was going over. I'll be buying a second tarp to take with me to shows and stuff. Great suggestion.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby graciespook » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Pool noodle idea is a GREAT idea..they;re cheap, you can cut them to fit!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL...got to this too late i guess...i had the same idea as GU & spotz......we used to use that very same idea in my lessons ages ago.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Georgian C » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Does anyone know where to buy foam to use as the walls for the liverpool? I know you can use pool noodles, but then would you just hot-glue the tarp to them, b/c I'd assume staples would let out the water? Anyone have any 'do-it-yourself' tips besides the folding?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cheers!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Georgian C
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Hunter/Jumper