Palgrave to Ottawa area Trailering Needed!

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Palgrave to Ottawa area Trailering Needed!

Postby nsenst » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Courier New"#ed_cl#I will be moving my horse to Ottawa (East end) from the Toronto area for this September, and am trying to find the most affortable way to ship him (I am a student - set to start law school - and don't have extra funds to spare)#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I can get transportation to the Trillium Championships in Palgrave over the second weekend in September, and was wondering if any barns in (the East end preferably) of Ottawa will be trailering to Palgrave with an extra space on the trailer that my horse could fill on the way back.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#The barn I will be at in Ottawa would be able to pick my horse up from any other stable in Ottawa, so as to make the addition of my horse as least disruptive as possible!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#My cell is: 416-721-2543#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Email: natsenst@netscape.net#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Thanks,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Natalie#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
nsenst
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Natalie, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't know of many shipping companies that aren't charging an arm and a leg these days. Where are you planning on boarding and welcome to Ottawa!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby zooka » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am also curious as to where you are boarding I know many of the east end barns around Ottawa, since this is the area I grew up in.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't have any help to offer- but maybe try also posting in the General section- that way more people would be able to see it, not just those who look at the H/J stuff. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby nsenst » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi all -#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks for responding anyways! (and for the welcome)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will be at Greystone Farm (Limoges/Casselman area) with my little boy (he's a 2002 reg'd CSH TBcross, just started u/s this summer) - so we'll be doing lots of flat-work/hacking this winter - get some muscle before we start jumping next summer!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hopefully I won't be completely penniless by the time i get him up there! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
nsenst
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is a decent distance from Ottawa are you going to be living in that area or will you be comuting?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby nsenst » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'll be living downtown - just off Metcalfe exit on 417#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
nsenst
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well that is good cause the 417 will take you most of the way#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, its a hike, thats why I'm moving from Greystone. I live right at Bank and Walkley and it takes me about 40 minutes to get to the barn. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby zooka » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#where are you moving to Gracie?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#To a private Dressage stable near Metcalfe...MUCH closer#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Lix » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome nsenst - and soon to be fellow boarder!  I board there too but I don't have much of a drive - I live just a few houses down the street - I take my bike to the barn in fact ;)  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#However, I've lived in the Casselman/Limoges area all my life and have made the commute to Ottawa my whole life for work (and school as a child).  It's really no biggie - hop on the highway, hop off the highway.  In fact nsenst, you will find that alot of the boarders at the barn come from Ottawa as well.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(and if you think it's far from Ottawa...  my bf actually drives from our house to Kanata every morning.  Now that's far!  I feel so sorry for our car.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/27.gif"#ed_cl# )#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, and sorry - I can't help with trailering.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Easter » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Graciespook - I sent you a pm!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Easter

Postby Raintrap » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Trillium champs are a decent time to get the horse down here since many barns will be making the trip there (and possibly with empty stalls!). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#From the east end, I would imagine Twin Pines will be sending a few (#ed_op#A href="http://www.twinpines.ca"#ed_cl#www.twinpines.ca#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#) as well as Lower Saxony (#ed_op#A href="http://www.lowersaxony.com/"#ed_cl#http://www.lowersaxony.com/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#) . Pretty sure there are some other East end barns, but nothing comes to mind (though a barn in Cornwall - Holly Hill might take some as well - #ed_op#A href="http://www.hollyhill.ca/"#ed_cl#http://www.hollyhill.ca/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#). There are many more in the west end and I'm sure you could organize shipping from west to east fairly easily. Fiddlers Green will have a bunch of hunters and jumpers going (#ed_op#A href="http://www.fiddlersgreenstables.ca"#ed_cl#www.fiddlersgreenstables.ca#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#) as will Westar Farms (no web addy, but I can give you the contact info if you PM me). There is also Turnout stables (#ed_op#A href="http://www.turnoutstables.com"#ed_cl#www.turnoutstables.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#) that generally has a number of horses to ship down, Stratford Fox Run (#ed_op#A href="http://www.stratfordfoxrun.com"#ed_cl#www.stratfordfoxrun.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#). There are more, but those come to mind at the moment. Also, Linsell Farm (my barn so PM me for contact info).Their are also some riders that will ship their own horses down and might, as a result, have a spot the'd be willing to fill.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your biggest problem is the fact that many of these barns won't know the final count of horses until the week before the show as final points are counted and riders opt to go or not.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm actually heading to Western for law school this fall, and was going to bring my horse with me via-the championships as well. In the end I leased her out here instead of opting to bring her, but I had also considered trying to figure something out with people attending the Belvoir event just outside of London on labour day weekend. There are likely a few barns going.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Let me know if I can be of any help.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Raintrap

Postby zooka » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nsenst have you found trailering yet?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Hunter/Jumper