So, I have desided- He will breed this year.

Discussion about breeding including stallions, foaling, weaning and much more.

Moderator: EC

So, I have desided- He will breed this year.

Postby Adell » Wed May 04, 2005 12:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a black arabian stallion that is going to be standing for his 1st year breeding this year, my little boy is growing up#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl#  I have placed ads (one on here if you are interested), and have gotten some replys. I have decided that I am not going to ask much at all for this 1st year. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have gotten some e-mails from over the boarder and they are interested in breeding AI- I have never done it and I am not sure how hard it would be, can you give me an idea on how to go about it?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks so much#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adell
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Valar » Mon May 09, 2005 6:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I take it from your story that your Arab stallion is not licensed? Is he going for artificial insemination or the natural way?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Valar
Newbies
Newbies

Re: So, I have desided- He will breed this year.

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon May 09, 2005 6:21 pm

Adell wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a black arabian stallion that is going to be standing for his 1st year breeding this year, my little boy is growing up#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl#  I have placed ads (one on here if you are interested), and have gotten some replys. I have decided that I am not going to ask much at all for this 1st year. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have gotten some e-mails from over the boarder and they are interested in breeding AI- I have never done it and I am not sure how hard it would be, can you give me an idea on how to go about it?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks so much#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Adell. Do you have a link to the classified of your stallion? I searched for him but i am not sure which one he was. Is he homozygous? I have a mare i want to breed one day (one FAR day away) to a black arab and i always enjoy looking at them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Adell » Mon May 09, 2005 9:23 pm

Valar wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I take it from your story that your Arab stallion is not licensed? Is he going for artificial insemination or the natural way?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am not sure what you mean by "not licensed". #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#With the way that things are going AI is alomost becoming the "natural way" but yes I am hoping to do both AI and live cover. Right now I have not done AI, but I am not going to let that stop me. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here is the link to the ad #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://equimarket.equestrianconnection.com/showads.asp?adnumber=43132"#ed_cl#http://equimarket.equestrianconnection.com/showads.asp?adnumber=43132#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adell
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Wed May 18, 2005 5:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You should take your stallion for training to collect AI. There are a few different methods, ie the phantom or ground collection. There may be more but I don't own a stallion and don't know a whole lot about the subject, I'm just passing on the little I do know. You'll also have to have the semen quality checked, not all stallions are suitable for shipped semen.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pony Hunter » Wed May 18, 2005 6:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do you board him at Shabian Equestrian Center?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Adell » Thu May 19, 2005 4:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes I do, why? are you in the area and want to have a look?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adell
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Sodapoppers » Sun May 22, 2005 3:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Adell just wanted to let you know that he is simply gorgeous! Do you have plans to breed him well into the future or just not sure yet?  I would love to see pictures of his babies as they come along. It's hard to find quality true black arabs in ontario :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Sun May 22, 2005 4:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your horse would have to be trained in the AI process of collection.  Some people take them to breeding facilities where they do the collection and prepared the package.  They test it and prepare it for shipment.  You could contact Guelph OVC they may direct you as to where you could learn how.  You would probably need a phantom to collect.   When the above poster mentioned is he licenced for breeding...I guess she meant is he registered and they often need to be approved for breeding--at least for most breeds.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Alada Clairion » Wed May 25, 2005 6:38 pm

Yes, Adell, the Can Arabian Horse Registry requires a Transported Semen Certificate issued to the stallion owner...good for the life of the stallion. You also must obtain mare service cert's as well, for breeding.
Contact CAHR for info.
Of course, nothing is easy with any breed!
:lol:
15.2 Arabian Sport Horse Stallion Alada Clairion

<a href="http://www.aladaclairion.com" target="_blank">aladaclairion</a>
Alada Clairion
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Adell » Thu May 26, 2005 3:49 pm

Sodapoppers wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Adell just wanted to let you know that he is simply gorgeous! Do you have plans to breed him well into the future or just not sure yet?&nbsp; I would love to see pictures of his babies as they come along. It's hard to find quality true black arabs in ontario :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I am not sure what I will be doing with him in the future. I am married to a army guy, so I will be moving around alot. I think that it would be hard to get good word of month around if you are not there the next year.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I am hoping to lease him out long term. I am going to be very picky on where are who. Again it will be hard. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#But thank you VERY much. I love knowing that there are others that think he is as great as I do. But as for finding quality true black arabs in ontario, there is TWO at the barn. She thinks hers is better, I think mine is. But other than being both black, arabs, and sweet hearts- they are nothing a like.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adell
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Breeding Discussion