pegnant mare fatigue???

Discussion about breeding including stallions, foaling, weaning and much more.

Moderator: EC

pegnant mare fatigue???

Postby zooka » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My Mare is about 40 days pregnant and has started to act strange.  She does not usually lie down much but the past few days she has spent a good portion of the day out in the field lying down.  We have checked for any signs of distress and none are visible.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She has had a foal about 5 years ago and never showed anything like this before.  The barn that she has at has also never experienced any pregnant mares that were so tired all the time.  My question is has anyone experienced this with a mare so soon into a pregnancy?  DO you think it could do with the pregnancy?  We will talk to a vet during the week to make sure but I just wanted to see if anyone had experienced this before and what they might have done for their mare.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks for any help!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Leena » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello, since you don't know how your mare felt at her last pregnancy, I would say She is prego period. Mare when prego adopt some major changes in character, behaviour, routine.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Important is to get her exercise enough before the seven th month, good feeding mix, supplements and hope for the best at delivery !#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck !!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks for the help but I do know hwo she was forthe first pregnancy and she really did not change much at all, that was why I was questioning her sudden change this time around.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Leena » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry Zooka, I misread. My mare has turn sleepy while pregnant which was great to start to ride her. Then she was laying down a lot. I did not really pay any attention to it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I notice the recent heat period have affected her. Maybe this is the case for your mare but you should get a more professionnal advise.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had one mare who did get quite tired, but it was a little later on than 40 days, and didn't last through the whole pregnancy. I would get your mare checked out in case there is something else going on.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We talked to the vet and she is on vitamins called nutrequin which has made a whole world of difference for her now she is  as spunky as ever!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Leena » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zooka, I am very happy you find something to help !#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Breeding Discussion