Weanlings and Boarding

Discussion about breeding including stallions, foaling, weaning and much more.

Moderator: EC

Weanlings and Boarding

Postby Adell » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Do you think that there is a need for a boarding stable that works just with weanlings? Yearlings? Two year olds? #ed_op#P#ed_cl#I was thinking with the amount of time, money and hope, invested in foals would it not make sense to have a place that is making sure that they are getting every advantage? #ed_op#P#ed_cl#What do you think?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adell
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you are asking this from the point of view of opening a business, I would say it would depend on where you are. Maaaybee in the GTA it would fly. I have a place in Barrie where I offer reasonable board, have no indoor arena and a fair bit of experience with foals, and up until this year I don't think I could have gotten boarders at half what I charge, which would be less than cost! So I started breeding, filled up my stalls and now can't get anything sold. Of course I have now had all kinds of people interested in boarding now that I have no space...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Adell » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No not for a business, not let. (maybe in 20 years)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just as in an ideal world thing.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adell
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Breeding Discussion