Any information on Marangai

Discussion about breeding including stallions, foaling, weaning and much more.

Moderator: EC

Any information on Marangai

Postby FleeingFelon » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana#ed_cl#Looking to hear of experiences or opinions anyone has on the stallion Marangai.  #ed_op#A href="http://www.chestnutridgestables.com/marangai.htm"#ed_cl#http://www.chestnutridgestables.com/marangai.htm#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana#ed_cl#Good and bad.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana#ed_cl#I'm considering him for my 13 yr old TB broodmare.  He's in the top 3 that I really like for her.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
FleeingFelon
Newbies
Newbies

Postby jax » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, I'm a bit biased because he is owned by a good friend of mine and I have ridden him a few times.  But  honestly, he is a really nice boy and does improve mares quite a bit - some of the babies that have hit the ground in the last few years have been just stunning.  He loves to work, is very willing to please, has great barn manners and a loving attitude.  He is SO comfortable to ride, and his trot is to die for.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Feel free to PM me if you would like any info.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#he has similiar characteristics to my mare... Is it good to breed 2 horses that are similiar?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jax » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you want the same type of result from the foal, then yes.&nbsp; As long as they compliment each other, that wouldn't be a problem.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have seen Marangai, and he is a lovely horse for sure.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I try not to breed horses that are too dissimilar, otherwise you can end up with the worst of two worlds! I try to pick a stallion that improves my mare's weaknesses but isn't too different in type from her.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Breeding Discussion