glucosomine and msm - whenand why

Discussion on anything equine health-related.

Moderator: EC

glucosomine and msm - whenand why

Postby goldendryad » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When and why should you give glucosomine or msm? Do the herbal muscle and joint supplements work? Thoughts, ideas, experiences?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Well my experiences have been you feed it when your horse has arthritis. A lot of people who have horses in high intensity work give it as a preventative measure as well. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MSM if your horse has no existing problems but is in hard work, it helps keep the joints healthy and lubricated before the get artheritis ect... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glucosamine if your horse has injuries or artheritis or is old. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I use Adequan (injectible gluco product) every 6 weeks for Boomer as he has a locking stifle which may predispose him to arthritis, so for me I give it as prevention. He gets MSM when I have the money! The Adequan is expensive, and I feel (as does my vet, and his predecessor)the most effective, and one of the few clinically tested, products out there, and therefore the one I'll break down and put on my Visa. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have had Tuffy on First Level liquid off and on, and found it made a bit of improvement. She has sesamoiditis, and arthritis in her right hind fetlock and while believe it or not she's not actually lame, she doesn't have quite the range of motion in that fetlock as opposed to the left. I found that on the supplement she had better flexion in that joint.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Veterinary, Farrier & Equine Nutrition