Nerve damage by Gelding?

Discussion on anything equine health-related.

Moderator: EC

Nerve damage by Gelding?

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hi everyone#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Once again bored in school and thought of a question that someone might know so i don't need to call the vet for 50$ and get the same answer! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, the horse that was gelded oh..2 weeks ago or so has lost muscle control in his bottem lip and maybe jaw. He keeps biting his tongue and first time i saw this i thought he was choking, but its just his face doing weird things. He has a bump under his jaw. Not the gland so its not stangles or anything or GT would be gone!!! But any ideas? Not my horse so i won't call the vet for her but and ideas?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would doubt that the bump is related to being gelded, it is probably something different entirely and is likely pressing on a nerve which is causing the loss of control. Could be a tumor of some sort and she should call the vet to examine the horse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ruth on Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thnx for the reply, i don't know if the bump is touching on the nerve but i'll tell her that idea nad maybe she'll call the vet. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Veterinary, Farrier & Equine Nutrition