Any Tips for Selling?

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Postby Lix » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Barn Brat:  Your story doesn't sound too fun either!  Horse shopping is supposed to be fun and exiting and people like that take the fun right out of it don't they?!  :s#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders:  How's it going?  Anything new/interesting on this side?  Don't despair if he hasn't sold overnight.  If that's the case, it's cause the right person hasn't come along yet.  ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby chenders01 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey, Lix!  I've had a few emails about Dali (one or two a day) but no one yet who has been serious.  Some of the emails have been downright ridiculous.  I had one woman who wanted him to be more experienced, especially in the show ring, and I told her that if he was THAT experienced, his asking price would be waaay higher than the $3,500 I'm asking.  I had another girl ask me if I'd lease him to her for 1/2 my asking price (umm...NO).  I had someone yesterday ask me if he barrel races (?!?!?) #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/6.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Everyone seems to want him to be able to do *everything* for the low price I'm asking.  I guess that everyone is hoping for a bargain #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ermm.gif"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also check out the "Horse Wanted" ads regularly.  I cannot *believe* how unrealistic people are!  I saw an ad yesterday where someone is looking for a quiet, well-trained horse who can do w/t/c and a course of 2.6" jumps.  They want it non-spooky and quiet enough for a beginner...but their top price is $2K.  Umm...HELLLL-OOOOO????  For that price and with those credentials, they're looking at something in its late teens/early 20s.  You don't get much for $2K nowadays.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, I'm ranting a bit.  I thought that people would jump at Dali.  He's a lovely, lovely horse with no serious issues.  Yes, he's a little green still but he's quiet.  An intermediate rider who is familiar with riding TBs would have NO problems with him.  I'm wondering if I have my ad worded in such a way that makes him sound greener than he is, and people are being scared away??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby cinder » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:26 pm

"I had another girl ask me if I'd lease him for half his asking price..."#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Very interesting...I think I had the same person approach me. The initials on her e-mail wren't DGM...were they?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Cinder#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
PS....I've got a horse for sale, too...The only thing harder than buying one is selling one!
cinder
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Lix » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, hang in there.  It can be tough selling a horse, especially when you want to sell fairly quickly. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In my opinion, your ad sounded good in Equine.com.  The one on here (EC) we already commented on but I don't see it as having pushed away that many people.  Equine.com should attract serious people, just give it time.  It's still March but I'm sure worse comes to worse, in April, there will be ALOT of horse shoppers and you might get luckier then.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The people you got interest from were a little, um, yeah... no comment.  LOL  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hear ya though, I got alot of people expecting my just turned 4 yr old to leg yield, jump, do flying changes and have ribbons gallore to boast about but um, people for 3700$, you are NOT going to get that.  I advertised him as "green" everywhere and still got the same comments everytime.  LOL   Just brush it off...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you see that you are not getting anything serious (i.e. no attempts for an appointment) in the next couple weeks, look into putting together really good pics.  Take a whole bunch of pictures, outside, make him look his best from the ground and under saddle and select on the very best pictures and put them in an online album for people to refer to.  Worked wonders for me, I selected only the best pics and people seemed to fall in love with him before they even saw him.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did find too that the serious buyers will actually attempt to contact you by phone.  Just an observation...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It can be tough, but will be worth it.  Honnestly, I found selling my horse to be about 10 times more stressfull then selling a house, and I did both in the same year. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe just me though...  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hang in there! #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/classic.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/classic.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby chenders01 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks, Lix.  I'm not *too* anxious yet.  I've only had Dali listed for sale for a couple weeks.  Like you say, it might be too soon for people.  With the snow still on the ground and it still sooooo cold out, maybe they're not thinking about the summer show season yet.  I'm sure that once it starts to warm up and the snow starts to melt, those who are planning to buy horses, will start to shop and will be more motivated to start driving around to look at horses.  I know that it might be a few months before Dali sells.  I'm prepared for that.  In a way, it's a bit to my advantage, as I get to keep riding Tequila for free, and can take the time to really get used to her, and decide if I'll purchase her after Dali sells.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will take your advice about getting more pics, if I don't get any serious bites in the next few weeks.  The ones I've got are fairly good but I should maybe get some conformation shots so that people can really see what he looks like without a rider on his back.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby High Hopes » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When you are getting new pictures I would also look at doing some with his movement in there, give people and idea.  It is not a great market for any type of horse at the moment.  I would bank on going through atleast 2-4 months.  It will be faster if you go through a reputable dealer though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
High Hopes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby taco2 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I buy and sell horses quite often, and there is no real easy way to weed out the "tire kickers".  that is just part of the process.  I find talking w/people on the phone is the best way, tone of voice etc, can help you determine their real thinking, and helps you establish a more "personnel" relationship so to speak, then just through email.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also, when people ask for more info, they don't want the basic, height, colour etc, they are asking for DETAILED info, like how he does w/other horses, his quirks, his personality, and ANY infomation of the horse in general, as they want to know as much about the horse as possible.   I usually spew all sorts of info, send a few more pics, and then ask if they have any SPECIFIC concerns or quesiotns.  I mean you've spent alot of time w/your horse, so talking about them should not be too hard.  Also, ask what they are looking for, as this will help weed out buyers that are not suited for your horse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have sold 3 horses on #ed_op#A href="http://www.equine.com"#ed_cl#www.equine.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#, and  on 1 on #ed_op#A href="http://www.freehorseads.com"#ed_cl#www.freehorseads.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#. Both are good sites, and don't worry, you'll get hits very soon, as the market will pick up once the weather starts to warm a little more, then people will really start to think of buying horses. As winter is not a good time to try and sell, most people are more serious about buying come spring#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:48 am

High Hopes wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It will be faster if you go through a reputable dealer though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#HH, where would I find a "reputable dealer"??  I would consider going this route, if I knew who to contact.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've also considered sending Dali out on consignment but again, don't know who to send him to (I want someone reputable, not some kid who is just looking for a horse to ride and show for free).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PM me if you know of any names I could contact.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lix » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#Chenders, I just remembered that horsetopia.com got me quite a few phone calls too.  It's free so worth the couple minutes to place the ad.  I don't think you can put pictures in the ad but what I had done was just provide the link to the online album.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#I looked at "dealers" too but it was difficult to find an arrangment that I was comfortable with.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#One that I thought was good was Elissa at #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.phase2thoroughbreds.com"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#www.phase2thoroughbreds.com#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#It's a site for selling OTTBs but mine wasn't and she was happy to put him on the gelding page anyway, just cause he was a TB.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#Her e-mail information is on the page.  She was nice and helpful and I think it's a site that pretty popular so it would probably be good for you.  Specially since it's for TBs so it's where alot of your buyers are at.  I did have my horse on there but by the time the ad went up, my buyer had already given me the deposit.  I wish I had used it sooner.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#The arrangement with her was something like, if you want 3500$ for your horse, she would take it, advertise it, try and find some potential buyers for you according to suitability and you give her a certain % of commission (forget what it was).  It worked out well though because instead of taking it off your asking price, she just adds it on.  So if it's 10 or 15 % or whatever, she'll just post your horse at 4000$.  It doesn't take a penny out of your pocket. Of course, you can adjust as you want.  She'll ask you how much money you want to end up with in the end, and then she'll just add her commission in her asking price.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#I like the site personally.  There's always tons of pics, it's well organized and it people in the market for a TB can find something there for a good price.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#Just another option... :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby chenders01 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks (again) Lix!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have Dali currently listed on equine.com, freehorseads.com, The TackBox, Equiman, EC and horsetraderclassifieds.com.  I will try horsetopia.com next (since it's free, what've I got to lose).  I will also contact Elissa.  I did actually contact her last summer, when I had Dali for sale the first time, but she never got back to me, so I haven't bothered trying to contact her this time.  Maybe I will though.  The more exposure I can give him, the more likely it is that someone might contact me about him.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:19 pm

For people wanting "more information".....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
When I sold my horses, I always had an email with details already
written up. That way, it includes ALL info, some you may have not put
in your ad, and just keep it in your inbox and copy and paste. I found
I was bogged down emailing back to people who were never really
interested. Remember....the vaguest email may result in a sale. I sold
a horse from someone who emailed just wanting to see a pic, and I
didn't hear back for two weeks. She came out and tried the horse,
vetted him and bought him in a matter of a few days! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The selling game is very frustrating...sometimes its slow, sometimes
you'll sell right away. Just hang in there, the ad looks great and
you'll get some bites. Just don't break down too much on price/terms.
Stick to your guns! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Kobau » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:08 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#selling horses is a test of patience i swear!.... i've had tons of tire kickers, had ppl that called or emailed for info, but then never contacted back etc...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I try to keep my ads short and sweet, but with the basic needed info that will get the attention. Like with my paints, i mention if they have a great horse in their bloodlines a few gen back, or what disicplines they are showing the greatest bent for...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#reminds me i need to update some ads for my guys...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Dali

Postby Sunny Side Up » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How goes the battle, Chenders?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sunny Side Up
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Lix » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree.  Chenders, we need our weekly update! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley14.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby chenders01 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, guys, there's not much to say.  I've received a buncha emails from people, but no one has come along yet who I feel is really suitable for Dali.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've had mothers email me, looking for a first horse for their daughters; I've had a rank beginner email me, thinking that Dali would be a good horse to teach him how to ride (umm...nope); I've had a girl from the US email me about him, looking for a horse she can do Arena Polo with...but she wants a lower price for him because she'd have to arrange for trailering.  I've had a girl email me asking if he'd be suitable as a Childrens' Hunter.  I've had someone email asking if he runs barrels  #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/confused.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/confused.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, as you can see, no one has really come along yet, who seems to understand that Dali still needs some training and is not a beginner's horse, nor is he really suitable to take a kid around a hunter course.  He *could* be very suitable with a few month's training, but right now, today, he's not.  I think I've reflected this in my asking price, but I guess everyone is hoping to get a deal. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, yes, it's a little discouraging but I'm hoping that the cold weather is keeping people from starting to seriously look.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There's another Carson's sale coming up in April and if I've had no interest in Dali by then, I'm taking him to the sale.  The BO was at the last one and he said I would've had NO problem getting my price for Dali, as horses were going for good prices that day. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Right now, the BO is putting more training on Dali, to get his canter going a bit better.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#At least you're getting emails, I can't even drum up anyone other than scammers for the in utero foal I'm trying to sell!#ed_op#IMG height=23 src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//paranoid.gif" width=16#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Lix » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Those are... um... interesting inquiries chenders!  Love the one who inquired about the barrels...  :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess it'll take patience.  Spring will be getting people out, you are right.  That's great that you are getting help with him.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Fingers still crossed for you.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Greetings/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby chenders01 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, one way or another, he's gotta go.  If it's not by a private sale, then he'll be going to the Carson's auction and will hopefully sell there.  He's a great horse and I know that he will make someone very, very happy (he really is a sweetheart) but he's not for me, so it's time for me to pass him onto a home where he will be useful and will be able to shine in the way that I know he can.  He's kind of being wasted right now, where he is.  He's too nice to be wasted...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby cinder » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:39 pm

Chenders...don't give up. My horse has been for sale since the Fall, and I am just now getting some real interest in him.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I've had about 6 people look at him. The two who were eventers thought
he would be perfect EXCEPT that he is fine-built and they were
"rubenesque".....One even said he might be just the  push she
needs to lose some weight! I told her that it hadn't helped me yet!#ed_op#img src="/richedit/smileys/devious.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Good luck with him....Maybe we'll both sell!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Cinder#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
www.beautifulbrowbands.com#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
cinder
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Lix » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've never been to a regular reputable auction.  :(  Only the ones where either the animal is drugged, lame, 45 yrs old, or simply being priced for meat.  :(  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But I know there are decent auctions out there, speically if someone told you that you should get your price.  People don't buy horses at that price just to abuse them.  You should find a  decent buyer for him!  :D  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Are you ok with that fact that you won't be able to 'select' your buyer however?  Or how does it work?  People can come around and look at the horses first, right?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm totally clueless, sorry. :s  LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

PreviousNext

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling