York/Durham Schooling Series

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Postby Lehane » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I end up showing hunter instead I'm still going to wear my paddock boots and half chaps. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Cheryl » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mystic please check your info on the times for the PHC show.  I don't want you to get there too late for your class hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Postby Mystic » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cheryl,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#According to the entry form for PHC, the novice jumpers don't start before noon. Last time the jumper ring didn't start until 12:30pm. I'll be there by 9:30 anyway. My trailer is coming for me at 8:30am.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I *might* be trailering Cheryl's horse there...I have to convince my dad to either drive us or give me the truck...lol...in which case, one of mine, most likely Harvey, will be going as well....#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Mystic » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well if you make it out SP feel free to come find me and my mom. We'll be either at the stabling or the ring. My girl's a little hard to miss. Big black mare with a diamond browband and 4 green polos over 4 white socks.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Mystic » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cheryl, are you sure you're looking at the right program? The PHC and Blue Star programs are together, the PHC one first and it says that the novice jumpers won't start before noon. The Blue Star jumpers start earlier.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Change to PHC Schooling Show

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There have been changes for the schooling show at Pickering this weekend. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Taken off of the emg forum:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl#We have some changes to our schedule. Hunter warm ups will be an open warm up before every division like we had in the previous years. Also due to the high amount of entries we've been having, we're trying to get the jumpers started at around 11:00 instead of the 12:00 start time that's written in the program. The Hack division will start at around 10:00 and will be in Ring #2 not #3 (we have the Arab show running in #3 after the crossrail division) I hope this makes sense, if not e-mail me #ed_op#A href="mailto:yagphc@allstream.net"#ed_cl#yagphc@allstream.net#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl#Hope everyone finds out before Sunday!!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Where ever my horse is, is where I will be~
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I found out this morning from Danielle at Pickering. The jumpers won't actually start until after 11 if the hack division is using that ring at 10. We'll need to do a course walk first.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Sodapoppers » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:34 am

#ed_op#span style="color: rgb(0, 96, 191);"#ed_cl#Well, missed this one too. I have
another show to attend the same date the next one is hosted at blue
star. You'll be right near my barn though! :D #ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lehane » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not going now, both our trailering fell through so I'm stuck watching! But i'm going to Blue Star in July hopefully, if we can find reliable trailering this time around.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Lehane » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mystic, I got some pictures of you and so did Cheryl! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Sodapoppers » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Too bad plans fell through, but unforunately the only real reliable trailering available is when you have your own truck and trailer. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Start looking for someone to trailer you now. Mystic comes from out your way and she is going to Blue Star too.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lehane » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Whatever, people are too sensitive and read too much into things sometimes!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Mystic, you had awesome rides today! Looked good! Your mare is too cute.  Eli, your horse is adorable too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

PHC

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanxs Lehane!! I think hes adorable too!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He was such a good boy today. It was his second show over jumps and his first jumper show, so i wasnt expecting anything out of it and would be happy just to get in the ring!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Our first course he was really spooky, only did 2 jumps as he keep refusing the second fence and there was some rider error in there too *Stupid Me*lol. Our second round was better, got to do 6 jumps, he refused at the green astroturf 3 times and then he was going really well after that until the 1 Stride and flew out and i couldnt get him to stop so we jumped the verticle beside lol!! Our third course was the best out of the whole day, we went around the whole course really well with only 1 refusal at the second fence of the 1 stride!! Other then that it went well!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was really pleased at the end of the day as he did much better then i thought he would!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also got some really great pictures that my friend took!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How did everyone else do today?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Lehane » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That astroturf fence was the scariest, not only because of how it looked but of how, in the first class at least, it was angled towards the crowd so the horses looked as though that's where they were jumping (we were sitting on the hill right at that fence).  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lehane & Cheryl#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Would it be possible to get copies of the pictures? I hardly ever get any pictures of my girl and her owner never gets to see her go. You can pm me and I'll send you my email addy. Thanks for the compliments. I was actually pretty tense in my first round. I had a brutal week leading into the show, just read the post on the general board about trailering nightmare. I had my trailering fall through last Tuesday and was left scrambling to find trailering and then I had a really bad few rides leading into the show so I was pretty tense in the first round. The thing that threw my girl was that there were a bunch of people up on the bank by the judges booth which weren't there in May so she hesitated for a fraction of a second other than that not much really fazes my horse as you probably noticed when I nearly came off in my jumpoff over the rainbow fence. I didn't get my stirrup back until the stride before the next fence. Given all that I was so happy that I placed 5 that class. 4th in the speed was pretty good for her given that she's not really a speed horse. The rail in my last class was unlucky but it was a judgement call. Do I steady her back a bit more and risk losing the implusion to get through the 2 or let her go. I let her go and she just got in a tad too deep. Not bad for a horse who was in the jumpers for her 3rd time and is a field hunter by trade.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I actually don't mind the astroturf boxes. We have a set of boxes similar to those at home only ours have the turf on the top and white sides with our farm logo in the middle.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you guys are going to Blue Star next month come say "Hi"!. Ebony and I will be there#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:06 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well i got some more pictures back from the show, so I thought I'd share. Heres the link:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://community.webshots.com/album/380288738MvBfSz"#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/album/380288738MvBfSz#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eli, are you going to Blue Star on July 17th?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Umm Im not sure yet, will have to see how things go! Blue Stars only down the road from the barn, so even if i dont bring him ill come watch & take pics!!!#ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/cool.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mystic- Do u have msn?? if u do add me elindigo4 @ hotmail dot com ( just remove spaces & the dot lol)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Mystic » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For those of you who showed at PHC on Sunday the pictures are up on the photographer's website. #ed_op#A href="http://www.caughtinmotion.com"#ed_cl#www.caughtinmotion.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Mystic

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter/Jumper