Helmet Suggestions

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Helmet Suggestions

Postby devinmarch » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:23 pm

I'm looking for some advice on helmets. I sold all my tack when i
movedand now I am buying all new; however i am having trouble deciding
on ahelmet. Im going to be doing jumper, what would you suggest for
atraing helmet and a show helmet. Some of the helmets I have
beenlooking at are: GPA Titium#ed_op#pne#ed_cl##ed_op#/pne#ed_cl#, International ATH#ed_op#pne#ed_cl##ed_op#/pne#ed_cl#, #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Charles Owen GR8 Helmet#ed_op#/b#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#(GPA Titium#ed_op#pne#ed_cl##ed_op#/pne#ed_cl#, International ATH) http://www.horseworld.ca/shop.htm##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#(Charles Owen GR8 Helmet) http://www.applesaddlery.com/c233861p16 ... html#ed_op#/b#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#pne#ed_cl##ed_op#/pne#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
devinmarch
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Pony Hunter » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have the ATH and I love it lol! I really like the Charles Owen Gr8, I will #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#probably buy one in the fall. GPAs are nice too. Just dont buy one of those Troxel riding helmets.... thier crap. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Dream_Merchant » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:14 pm

<font face='times new roman' size=2 color=#609A9F><i>
I ride and train in the GPA helment -- they are super light and comfy, and the new ones like your looking at there, have more air flow through them than my older style one with only one vent. But they are so light weight, I put on an old helment the other day, and felt as if I'd put a concrete block on my head!!

I know the price tag on the GPA is big, but it's up to you and your budget -- I don't know of the other ones on there, but that's what I think of the GPA, very comfy helment, and with great lower neck protection as well!
<i></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby Hide*N*Seek » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have had an IRH for a year.Its an ok helmet but is not as good as my newly purchased GPA.I love it so much.It is light weight,breezy and is a much better fit and look then my IRH.I totally recommened getting a GPA.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Erika#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Hide*N*Seek
Newbies
Newbies

Postby devinmarch » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:42 pm

thanks for the suggestions...however, i bought an IRH helment cause i
dont start showing until next summer so i wanted somthing cheaper that
i could lay down at the barn and not have to worry bout keeping it
clean and stuff...but i do plan to buy a GPA before i start showing
next summer because anyone that has one seems to like it alot.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
devin#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
devinmarch
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dream_Merchant » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:54 pm

<font face='times new roman' size=2 color=#609A9F><i>
No problem Devin -- good luck with all your training next summer!! If someone you know has a GPA, probably would be a good idea just to throw it on yourself so you can get a feel for it, that way your not buying something just from word of mouth as well. After all, something us strange Aussies like, you might hate!! :mrgreen:
</i></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

Dream_Merchant

Re: Helmet Suggestions

Postby horsedad » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:25 pm

devinmarch wrote:I'm looking for some advice on helmets. I sold all my tack when i#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#movedand now I am buying all new; however i am having trouble deciding#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#on ahelmet. Im going to be doing jumper, what would you suggest for#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#atraing helmet and a show helmet. Some of the helmets I have#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#beenlooking at are: GPA Titium#ed_op#PNE#ed_cl##ed_op#/PNE#ed_cl#, International ATH#ed_op#PNE#ed_cl##ed_op#/PNE#ed_cl#, #ed_op#B#ed_cl#Charles Owen GR8 Helmet#ed_op#/B#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(GPA Titium#ed_op#PNE#ed_cl##ed_op#/PNE#ed_cl#, International ATH) http://www.horseworld.ca/shop.htm##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#(Charles Owen GR8 Helmet) http://www.applesaddlery.com/c233861p16 ... html#ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#PNE#ed_cl##ed_op#/PNE#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#
Hey,whatever you buy make sure it is the right fit for your head in safety,comfort and looks.All these hats mentioned are tested to the same level for safety so do what your head says and not your friends.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
horsedad
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dream_Merchant » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:41 pm

<font color=#006699><b><i>
Which helment did you end up getting Devin???

horsedad -- welcome to the board by the way!!!
</i></b></font>

Dream_Merchant

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling