Funniest Thing Ever

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

Funniest Thing Ever

Postby panzita0 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a spoiled little horse named Peanut who is adorable and bratty and he knows it lol! He doesn't jump very nicely because he gets nervous and it takes a lot of effort to get him comfortable to even go over poles on the ground. He will not under any circumstances go over anything on the lunge line he will simply stop and star at it shaking. He's the type of horse who if he doesn't want to go will just plant his feet and not move an inch even if a bomb goes off under his tail :P #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well anyways enough with the background info the funny thing is... today I put my horses in seperate paddocks for grain time which happens to be right at supper time for me. I fed them and put a log half way up the fence (around 2'3) so that they couldn't steal each others grain. I then went inside the house to have my own supper. I got stuck doing the dishes which totally sucked and when I got outside again I noticed in awe that Peanut was not in his paddock, he was acutally in Eddy's. The log was still up between the paddocks. I then quickly went over to check Peanuts legs, not heat no swelling and he was quite sound. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK now get this, last time I tried to jump him it was over a verticle which was about an inch off the ground and it had a ground pole and that was ITY BITY TINY and he acted like he was going over it and then right before he did he planted his feet and backed up fast. And me I was sent straight into the sand, seriously I was COVERED in sand in my ears and hair and mouth and inside my bra it was gross! But yet this horse can calmly jump a 2'3 verticle with no ground line when no one is even watching him!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways that's my story lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's because this time there was food to entice him! Leave it to a horse!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby panzita0 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol ya u'd think but he gets a lot more food than eddy and he had tons of hay and eddy was probably done before I even got ot the house lol!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Clio » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, now you know how to solve your jumping problem!  Just have someone stand on the other side of the jump rattling a bucket of grain!  (How this will go down in shows, though, I don't know...)#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley8.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Clio
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe he just wanted company...  Maybe the other horse could be waiting for him at the other side of every jump!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby butterflykisses » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:25 pm

If they want to they can!! lol #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
My friends horse was a dressage horse... never ever been jumped before
in his life, so when they found out he had wobblers, they moved him
back to their farm across the road from the show barn.  He decided
he wanted to go back and jumped the 5 and a half foot fence clearly and
galloped back.  First jump ever for a horse with wobblers...
pretty darn good! lol they can do it if they want to!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
~Aud One~
*My Funny Valentine.*
*Pumbaa's Silhouette*
butterflykisses
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Hunter/Jumper