Arthritis..need supplement recommendations

Discussion on anything equine health-related.

Moderator: EC

Arthritis..need supplement recommendations

Postby fusspot » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've come over from the Tack Box for some opinions: #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you have covered this recently, I apologize.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#My horse has been slightly off; occasionally not willing to go forward and I have noticed an intermittent slight limp at trot only. He was unshod, so I had shoes put on, hoping it may have been stones bothering him. There was no change. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#So I had the vet out yesterday and we narrowed it down to his left fore knee. X-rays show mild arthritis in the lower two knee joints of the left fore. There is also some soft tissue inflamation. Treatment consists of rubbing both knees daily with Absorbine, forever and ever. Also, he needs a Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin supplement. My vet recommended either Pureform GHCL PLUS or Synovicare. So, (finally) here is my question: #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Which of these have you tried? Had success with? Are there any other supplements you would recommend? #ed_op#DIV class=ev_tpc_signature#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
fusspot

Postby Eileen » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:33 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Your vet obviously has faith in the two products that he as suggested....being that no two horses are alike, so what would workd for my guy does not mean that it will work as well for yours.  I would try first one of the products if you still think that there could be an improvement then go on with the next.  I is a guessing game of which product would be the best for your horse until you actually try them.  Just remember it takes glucosomine  a couple of weeks or maybe more to show any improvement in the horse.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Regenerex......It worked wonders for my last slightly arthritic horse. It contains MSM, Glucosamine, and boswellia extract, and is on par with cost for others. But if I had to recommend anything it would be this product! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Ruth » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ADEQUAN!!! I just posted something about it in another thread on this forum.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby RavenhillIV » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have been using Pureform Glucosamine Plus for a couple of years - I think it does make a difference. I have tried him on a couple of other things and i definitely notice he is better on the Pureform. A friend uses Recovery - not sure where you can buy it, but it is much the same formula as pureform and she swears by it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RavenhillIV
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Patricia » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used Pureform with no real results.  Glucosamine doesn't work for every horse.  I have her on straight MSM....it is cheaper and she seems to be more energetic now.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby TackOhBelle » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I use pureform gluc plus and i believe that it had made a difference. I have tried others like synovicare, but it didnt do much. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
TackOhBelle
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Veterinary, Farrier & Equine Nutrition