cheap glucosomine

Discussion on anything equine health-related.

Moderator: EC

Postby Eileen » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:23 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Jake, behave yourself we are trying to have a serious conversation here, lol...you are right the imagination could run away with itself cant it.....lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Jakesterd » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This link should give you the PDF file of the scientific paper/ It works on my PC so it should on yours also.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.bardagriventures.com/g.pdf"#ed_cl#http://www.bardagriventures.com/g.pdf#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jake#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#bf00bf#ed_cl#OK I tested the link and it works...#ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/confused.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#bf00bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#bf00bf#ed_cl#JD#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Jakesterd
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kaleena » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had my mare on glucosamine, but it was a serum injected IM every week. This was back at least 5 years ago. My vet wanted to try her on glucosime as it was all the rage but didn't beleive that it did much orally so she always recomended the injections, made sense to me and it turned out to be cheaper than the powdered form. In the long run I didn't see enough of a difference (there was some though) to keep her on it longer than a year or so. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for posting the paper Jake, it was an interesting read.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dream_Merchant » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:57 pm

<font color=#006699><b><i>
Jake --> errr... do I dare to ask!?!?! Do you mind me asking though, on a different subject but certianly within the joint supplement region -- have you heard of Primeval Gelenaati (I've spelt it wrong!)?? If so, what are your comments on it from a Nutrionists point of view??

Eileen --> I've never heard of them making actually "boots" for their hooves, but I used to have a cannon boot and pastern wrap on my old horse on each leg -- he used to have them on pretty much 24/7, apart from when he was been worked. Some people just put them on at night, some just during the day, some all the time... They are best left on for as long as possible so they keep the blood flowing all the time and keep the pain at bay -- however, even if you just put them on at night it will surely help!

The ones I have have got a fluffly (I think it's cotton or something, it's not wool anyway), inside on them, and I've never ever had a problem with them rubbing (unless they get cacked in mud or something silly), but when I take them off to work him, I would just give them a quick brush off with a stiff brush and hey presto, good as new!
</i></b></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby Gemina » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Having read this post it brings to my mind the Mad Cow Disease. Those infected cows were eating dead animal products. Ugh. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I, personally, have little if any confidence in any herbal product. Until proven scientifically am not going there. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Jakesterd » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry Dream. That one doesnt even Google. Better check the spelling..lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#JD#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Jakesterd
Newbies
Newbies

Postby lokukac » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:36 pm

Sodapoppers wrote:
lokukac wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I am well informed, feedstuff originated from animals has very limited or zero digestibility for other animals who are supposed to eat plants. ( I am talking about adult animals, not nursing foals.)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So I am not suprised at all on that study what was cited by Jake showing the zero change in the blood of horses after feeding glucosamine orally.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#If this is true, then glucosamine taken orally should no sooner work on people than on horses, is that correct?&nbsp; Is there a copy of this study for us all to see?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Soda, I personally can digest meat as well. #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/alien.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/alien.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl#&nbsp; I dunno how it works with other people...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lokukac
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Dream_Merchant » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#0060bf size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Sorry Jake, it's Primeval Gelatinaat -- I was no where near the spelling of it!!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#And thanks, in advance, for looking it up etc.#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby goldendryad » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:51 am

What about Devil's claw? It's a herb which I believe is anti-inflammatory.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The vet told me to put him on it, orally, and has told us to put many other horses on the barn on it......#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Jakesterd » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dream I cant find any references on the Primeval Gelinaneet other than advertising materials. No references to scientific studies. Thats my baseline. Show me a peer reviewed study in a recognized scientific journal and I will believe. No most of the internet stuff is in Dutch as it is a Dutch product so I cant say whats on those sites. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The product is supposed to be hydrolysed collagin, or connective tissue. If it is hydroysed that means it has veen broken down by either heat, acid or an enzyme. The trick is if it is really broken down small enough to pass thru the intestinal wall for absorption.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Without science unfortunately it falls into my classification as poofledust. If someone has a scientific paper, please direct me to it&gt;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lokakuc thr link to the paper is a couple of posts abobe this one!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#JD#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Jakesterd
Newbies
Newbies

Postby lokukac » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:36 pm

Jakesterd wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lokakuc thr link to the paper is a couple of posts abobe this one!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#JD#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you Jake. This is a weighty study.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ec-thumbup.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lokukac
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Perilous » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Buy it in the injectible form from your vet, give about 10 cc's once a week in the muscle. Convenient for BM and horse owner, and cheap if you average the costs. Vets usually have to keep this in stock, and don't use it..so you probably can get it at a fairly decent rate.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Perilous
Newbies
Newbies

Postby RioG » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The good/the bad of message boards... just when you've decided on a course of action you read something contradictory to your action plan and makes you question everything.&nbsp; *sigh*.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Postby RioG » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not sure how I got a double post there... sorry.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Previous

Return to Veterinary, Farrier & Equine Nutrition