Would you buy an Arabian??

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I dont mind arabs. For lower level dressage they are really quite good for riders. They are easy to handle. They train very easy because of their size. They may not "seem" to pull or yank as much as a bigger horse, but something your fogetting is that something that is 17hh will feel much much stronger then a 14hh arab. I like them for that aspect. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Andy actually owns a really cool older arab mare that is trained to the 9's in dressage, passage, piaffe, you name it. Shes great for learning with. And I like her. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I probly would not personally buy one to show dressage or event with. But I love them for doing arab type shows. I love to see the costume class and the saddle seat and everything. I think its really cool. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And honestly, I cant stand people with arabians whining about not winning against the #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"big horses". Dressage is best done by  larger WB type horse. How would the arab people feel if I brought my WB to one of their shows and tried to show native costume?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im not trying to put them down but every breed has something that it excells at, and at this point, yes there are some arabs who can do well doing dressage, but it is not common enough for them to do well yet. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im sure someone will pull up an underdog that has shown olympic dressage though and try and prove everyone wrong. Like always. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Egyptian Queen » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm my favorite topic.  The debate on the Arabian.  Some of you may not know me since I haven't been on here in a long while.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My family has been training and breeding Arabian horses since 1969.  So of course I am biased to the Arabian horse.  I have shown all breeds of horses at various levels but show mainly Arabians on the "A" circuit.  I will not put down a good horse of any breed, of course however most breeds known today have Arabian blood in them.  For example the Trekaner (I admit I am an awful speller if you don't remember).  They have recently opened their stud book to Arabian blood to help refine the breed.  Our fast TB's also have arabian blood in them.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Arabian people have embrassed this stereotype of being flighty horses- we tell our students who come accross people who think they are "flighty" to say thank you because then they must be good riders ;).  We have boarded here at our facility 14 Arabian horses, one half Arab and one retired TB.  We have had many warmbloods and a group of therapy horses who the group uses two registered Arabian horses, one purebred and one half.  The 19 yr old TB is a lot more "flighty" then our Arabs and all the warmbloods we have had were too.  Who knows why...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just to make a point we had a lady and her daughter come to us about 7 yrs ago.  They had just bought an Arab gelding and had it boarded at a local hunter/jumper stable.  They came to us very discurraged and said the facility was scared to death of their horse.  They refused to turn him out afraid he may hurt someone.  They brought the horse to us and needless to say he was fine.  He has been with us for 7 years and is now leased to one of our students since the owner is away for university.  She has shown at local dressage shows and won.  She also shows at recognized AHA (#ed_op#A href="http://www.arabianhorse.org"#ed_cl#www.arabianhorse.org#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#)  shows and wins at the Regional level.  She hacks the horse out with other students and has no problems.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We get comments all the time with people coming to our open house or coming to look at the facilities to take lessons or board.  They always say how personable our horses are.  We breed Straight Egyptian Arabian horses and Polish crosses and there is no personality differences, we strongly believe that our horses should be able to perform and that is what we try to accomplish.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One should buy a horse for it's quality not because it's cute.  The horse should serve the purpose and be able to help you exceed your goals.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horsectra-PM me with the name of the owner of the two horses you are going to look at.  I may know them if they are members of our Association.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Andy-  What breeding are you using in your program?  I am always excited to meet new Arabian people.  PM if you want.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Make sure you stop by the Arabian Horse Association Booth in the walking ring at the Royal and pick up some literature.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Egyptian Queen
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EQ #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have only just began. Our Stallion is a RR (double R  Raffles-Raseyn)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#from Al Marah Arabians in Arizona.  #ed_op#A href="http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/samar+al+marah"#ed_cl#http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/samar+al+marah#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Our new brood mare#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&horse=RL+APRIL&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l"#ed_cl#http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&horse=RL+APRIL&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#=#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Our mare we now have a colt and a filly from#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/supreme+elation2"#ed_cl#http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/supreme+elation2#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have a look at our web page it's in my signature#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We will definitely be at the royal on the 5th#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font size="3"><font color="red">

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/andy.hope
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *rickie* » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:12 pm

Patricia wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Something to think about if you are planning a move north and starting a trail riding business.&nbsp; Search out hardier breeds that tolerate the coldl better.&nbsp; I know someone who get nice summer camp horses BUT in the late Fall sells off the breeds that can't tolerate winter.&nbsp; She usually has an Arab and a couple of nice TB's for sale.&nbsp; She hangs on to the hardy ponies, QH's, paints etc.&nbsp; Most important thing to look for two is temperament as you will have MANY beginners.&nbsp; Good luck in the search!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Sorry Pat, gotta disagree with ya! I'm from that way, and I can tell ya, the winters up there are far more tolerable than the southern ones. Up there this is no humidity which makes for very DRY winters. This, as a result, makes the winters much warmer and tolerable. Yes, it might drop to -30 at night (or below that) but it's NEVER damp. Also.....up there people rarely blanket thier horses. If you drove around, you'd probably see 1&nbsp;out of every 100 horses blanketed, which has to say something! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I also&nbsp;had a arab and he moved from being in the Ottawa area, to being in the Cochrane area, and I can tell you the winter I bought him, he had more hair on him comming from Ottawa than he EVER got up north. So your comment about them not being hardy enough to make it through the winters up there isn't true. ALOT of people have arabs or arab crosses.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Also arabs do make good beginner horses, I've seen more than one be a wonderful and gentle beginner horse!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Egyptian Queen » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree with Arabs making great lesson horses.&nbsp; However there are ones that don't.&nbsp; Same goes with any breed.&nbsp; So what I am saying any breed can make a great lesson horse.&nbsp; They just need the mind and PATIENCE for them.&nbsp; Lesson horses are worth their weight in gold.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Like I said before.&nbsp; Horse Alternative Therapy Services (aka-HATS #ed_op#A href="http://www.hatsniagara.org"#ed_cl#www.hatsniagara.org#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#) uses 2 registered Arabian horses in their therapudic riding program for those with disabilities. They also run an EAGALA program to.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Andy&nbsp; the boy in my aviator is also a Raffles grandson.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Egyptian Queen
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya alot of arabs are really misunderstood. I do distance riding so im around arabs all the time. Practically every horse in the barn is either pure arab or some kind of cross.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/10.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp; Alot of people will say they are "crazy" but sorry its not true. If a arab is crazy its not the breed its just a horse who has been brought up that way. Like come on I have met some TB's who are crazy, some warm bloods, welsh ponies, paints every breed out there&nbsp;ect in every breed there is some crazy horses it shouldnt be singled out to one breed in perticular. It kinda upsets me how people think arabs are complete idiots actually lol&nbsp;#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley19.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#A name=201468#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl#Sorry Chenders01 I have to completely disagree with you #ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ermm.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp; Leslie#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby Horsecetra » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#also, is it legal to&nbsp;charge more for&nbsp;a horse's papers??&nbsp; i know with the CKC its not legal to charge more for papers, but thats dogs, was not sure about horses.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe... EQ... the horse in your aviator?? That just made me think of that movie, I just saw it the other week. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also agree they are pretty hardy for winters as well. My moms arabian mare (who is Andy's stallions daughter) grows the most mamoth coat ever... Even more then my big girl. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horsecetera... Im not sure what you mean about the papers, if a horse is registered the papers automatically must be handed over, if they arn't that is considered illegal. If you mean your wondering if a horse with papers cost more, I would say that depends. You can buy a horse based on its lines and end up the the ugliest horse with the worst conformation and pedigree. And sometimes you can pay alot for a horse that is just proven in whatever it excells at. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And yes, with any horse or breed there will always be crazy horses haha. Like people, horses have personalities and even proven emotions. So its only natural that they would act either calm and cool or high strung. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ive ridden tbs that are more quiet than anything, and then there are some who are just balistic.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Then again alot of people claim that alot of warmblood lines have "crazy" warmbloods. Bad lines so they say. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Horsecetra » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i was told the horse is one price without papers, and more money&nbsp;if I want the papers#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Egyptian Queen » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena what movie is that?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#About the papers you would have to contact the Canadian Arabian Horse Registry (www.cahr.ca)&nbsp; out west.&nbsp; You can ask for Nicole.&nbsp; I am sure it isn't illegal per say but if someone says it will cost you more for them I would walk away really quick.&nbsp; We breed dogs also and i know our licence would be taken away for sure.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Egyptian Queen
Newbies
Newbies

Postby goldendryad » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:08 am

OK I'm from NW Saskatchewan. The winters dip below -30 with wind
chills, but it is a dry cold so more tolerable. That being said, my
friend has never had to blanket any of her Arabians, ever.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I also know several therepeutic riding establishments (5). All of which
use Arabians and three of them actually prefer them and have them as
the majority. They use them on street kids who've never seen a horse in
their lives, kids with autism and cerebral palsy and other
disabilities. And they are wonderful at it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I remember reading an article online, about a girl who was severely
handicapped, like missing limbs. The only horse she would train and
ride (she did it herself) was the Arabian. Everyone pushed her towards
QH's and she found them dangerous and hard to train. But she said her
Arabians always took care of her on the trail and in shows.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Aviator? you know with leonardo Dicaprio? It just came out this year I think... Or its pretty new anyways. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horsecetera, It is illegal for a breeder to withhold papers. They should be giving you the papers regardless. I dont know what the legalities are with "selling" the papers. I would call the&nbsp;CAHR about that one and ask them. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They sound kind of shady though, so I would be careful. A breeder or owner of a registered horse should be happy to give you the papers upon purchase. And when your buying&nbsp; a horse, NEVER buy without a bill of sale. Because whos to say this person will with hold the papers and then say 3 years down the road claim her horse is missing and that you stole it? You would have no proof. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In regards to papers for a horse, it has nothing to do with any horse registries. It in fact falls under the pedigree act which states in Canada it is illegal to withhold registration papers for any animal when selling it. I had to research it quite a bit when I bought an Anglo and the seller did not hand over the papers. After I contacted his estate lawyers and showed them a copy of the law they had no choice or I was going to go to the RCMP. The time limit is 6 months from the time of purchase.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is from CAHR#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#BIG#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#2. Whose responsibility is it to transfer ownership?#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/BIG#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Under the #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Animal Pedigree Act#ed_op#/I#ed_cl#, it is the seller’s legal responsibility to supply the buyer with the transferred certificate within six months of the date of sale. If a horse is sold as a registered or registerable horse, the buyer is legally entitled to the certificate at no extra cost. Failure to supply the transferred certificate within six months is a federal offence and can result in legal action being taken against the seller by the buyer.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm....i've just never liked them. i'm not putting them down -they can be great horses, ust not my thing. give me a TB anyday!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#A name=201832#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=4#ed_cl#babytigger #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#TB's origins are from Arabians so you have to love them for that!!#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Egyptian Queen » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:32 am

goldendryad wrote:I remember reading an article online, about a girl who was severely#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#handicapped, like missing limbs. The only horse she would train and#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#ride (she did it herself) was the Arabian. Everyone pushed her towards#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#QH's and she found them dangerous and hard to train. But she said her#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Arabians always took care of her on the trail and in shows.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will have to find the article I have of the girl.&nbsp; She won the Youth Horseperson of the Year award from the Arabian Horse Youth Association in Denver two years after I was I director.&nbsp; It's an amazing story.&nbsp; It was a birth defect she had no legs and only one arm I believe.&nbsp; She had a special harness made and she shows and goes trail riding.&nbsp; Amazing story brought a tear to my eye.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Egyptian Queen
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Horsecetra » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Andy - where exactly did you find that act??&nbsp; i studied Law, and got lots of books, I dont suppose its in the criminal code??&nbsp; would like to read all the pedigree act.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope this helps#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/A-11.2/1595.html"#ed_cl#http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/A-11.2/1595.html#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#From CAHR&nbsp; #ed_op#A href="http://www.cahr.ca/faq.htm"#ed_cl#http://www.cahr.ca/faq.htm#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Having ridden Arabs in Bracebridge that were never blanketed I must say they had no problems with the winter, they got as furry as everyone else, and are easy keepers for the most part anyway. Also I don't think they that are generally as needing of a sensitive rider as TB's - I'm sure there are some, but most of the Arabs I have ridden have been much more tolerant than most of the TB's I have ridden. I did however, used to ride one Egyptian mare that really was a nutcase, and have dealt with another that was "special".#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you aren't going to get the papers then there's no point in buying a stallion. Otherwise that is what we call "backyard breeding". Perhaps you can negotiate a price that includes the papers. I have heard of people charging more to give you the papers, but I think that's very unrealistic when selling a stallion.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good point Andy! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/18.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;I almost forgot that TBs originated from the arab lol #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/10.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

PreviousNext

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling