SO frustrated...

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

SO frustrated...

Postby Trinity_25 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dear god I'm frustrated.  I've had my horse up for sale for the past while and the market is making me insane?  How hard can it be to find a good home for a sound, sane, talented horse that ISN'T a hunter????#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Even leasing locally or finding a part-boarder has been impossible....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trinity_25
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Megan Ball » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't give up!! I have had a pony for sale for about a year now and she just sold the other day!! Good luck in selling though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Ruth » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nope, I haven't been able to sell my pony foal or free lease out his mother either. It is very frustrating, I'm just happy I don't have to have him gone in a hurry, I just need the money.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby taco2 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey don't feel bad!  I've got a horse listed for FREE,. and no one wants him.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dead broke, been there done that 13 yr.old gelding.  Quiet, well mannered.  He has navicular in his right front, but can be ridden w/shoes/proper trimming, and I can't give him away! Now that's sad!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know navicular can scare people off, but come on now, he  is still very much ridable for quite sometime with the right treatment.  And for free, what ya got to lose really!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had one lady call me, cuz she wanted him as a pasutre mate for her mare, but didn't want to drive the hour 1/2 to pick him up... seriously!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses Are Like Chips.....Once you have one....You Can't Stop
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Taco...I may in fact be interested. As we're moving I need something for company for my hunter and something that I can hack out. Pm me!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

*sigh* I know...

Postby Trinity_25 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, if anyone is looking for a really nice horse to part-board, check out #ed_op#A href="http://equimarket.equestrianconnection.com/showads.asp?adnumber=48261&imageField.x=14&imageField.y=13"#ed_cl#http://equimarket.equestrianconnection.com/showads.asp?adnumber=48261&imageField.x=14&imageField.y=13#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe I'll just keep her for the next while ... she's going to be awfully hard to replace.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trinity_25
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dream_Merchant » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#0060bf size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Yes, hang in there -- I have a WB x Anglo-Arab mare that I'm having trouble selling, got her advertised everywhere possible, even in the big Aussie HorseDeals magazine; had a few tyre kickers, but nothing substaintial. Someone rings the other day, asks around her, asked if I had anything else for sale, told her about my gelding blah blah -- well he's off for a vet check on Thursday, and if he passes (he's a 5 year old WB gelding, super dressage prospect; I'll eat my hat if he fails!), she'll come up with CASH to buy him, and pay for his shoeing (getting done on Wednesday), the fuel for travelling to the vet and the vet check. And he wasn't advertised anywhere!! Very strange how things can turn out -- the mare is still for sale, so yer! Hang in there!#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby Horsecetra » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oh great!&nbsp; I am trying to find someone to lease my horse, mostly cuz i want him to be ridden because of my injury, not really interested in a whole heck of a lot of money and he's not leaving the property, is it just a bad market??bad time of year??&nbsp; after these comments i dont seem too hopeful in finding someone.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Adell » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope everything changes for you and you sell your horse soon.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I can't say that I am having too much trouble- sold about 7 in the last few months. Not all mine :) But clients. I hope it keeps up I have bunch of new clients.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Adell
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Egyptian Queen » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have had trouble moving horses also.&nbsp; We are getting out of breeding and putting more investment into showing and are having trouble selling are younger stock.&nbsp; Don't give up we finally sold 3 to Georgia (possibly 7 depending&nbsp;if they are&nbsp;sold locally) we loose a little bit selling them as a group but in the long run it's better&nbsp;b/c they aren't eating me out of house and home and can go be mothers at an extremelly nice home.&nbsp; I am sure the market is even worse for breeding.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think the market is getting bad and maybe even getting worse right now.&nbsp; But hang in there!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Egyptian Queen
Newbies
Newbies

Postby TrueColours » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe its just our market is a "niche" market and very specialized, but we are not having ANY problems selling anything we are producing. Far from it ... We still have people looking for weanlings and yearlings and have none left to sell, so are literally keeping a waiting list now for 2006 babies.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have 3 sold to Europe that leave next week, 3 more that leave in November and another 3 in the middle of the summer of 2006.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think the market is very quiet for&nbsp;some, but for others in&nbsp;the hot and specialized markets,&nbsp;enough cant be produced&nbsp;to satisfy the demand!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling