Would you buy an Arabian??

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Alot of breeds come from arabians. They are one of the oldest breeds... Along with I think lippizaners (spelling?) and andalusions. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Arabs have bad reputations

Postby DGR » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have had an Arab for 4 years. My daughter rides English and is now trying him out in Western. He is an awsome guy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#All animals have personality, some good, some bad. I do not think that it is fair to equate a certain breed as being a problem.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When we were shopping for a horse, we looked at them all, regardless of the breed. We saw many TBs just because there are soooo many of them around and people are always selling them. There were very few that were even a prospect in our minds. But once my daughter rode Mardie, she was hooked. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He has the best personality. We have been at several boarding facilities and they all liked him. The current barn owner even mentioned (after we moved in) that she was a little worried about getting an Arab in her barn, but now just thinks he is great. She nick named him Smarty Marty.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't worry about the breed. Just look for a mount that you feel comfortable with and you will be happy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you are interested, Mar D Gras is for sale or lease because my daughter is now in University and does not have the time to ride. You can email me at #ed_op#A href="mailto:whatnow780@hotmail.com"#ed_cl#whatnow780@hotmail.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Diana#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DGR
Newbies
Newbies

Postby butterflykisses » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:21 pm

Arabians can be great horses, but I would not buy one unless my life
depended on it.  They just don't appeal to me,  I don't like
the eligance and daintyness of them.   I love my big fat draft
horse, lol.  Some can be great, and some can have attitude, i
co-boarded an arab/belgian last year and she would test everyone who
was riding her, UNLESS it was a kid.  She would just plod around
with a kid on her, but whener someone who knew how to ride got on...
boy, watch out, lol.  With a kid on her going over a jump, she
would slowly trot over it, with an adult, she jumped a bounce, i mean a
whole bounce 3 feet high, 10 foot spread(didn't land and take off
again, nope... too much work lol!) from nothing.  They do have
energy and endurance.  If you want to buy one, thats awesome!!!
thats just my two cents, not meant to change your decision at all.

~Aud One~
*My Funny Valentine.*
*Pumbaa's Silhouette*
butterflykisses
Groupie
Groupie

Arabs

Postby hollywood_00 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:54 pm

I think weither or not you should buy an arabian is based on what you
want to do with it and what you look for in a horse. Some of the best
horses i have ever ridden have been arabs..but then again some of the
best i've ridden have been other breeds to. It just depends on what you
want, and weither or not you like them
<i><font size=2 style=scriptina colour=grey>"It is not enough for a man to know how to ride, he must also know how to fall"
hollywood_00
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Exactly..if I were looking for an endurance horse, I'd look arabian, if I were looking for a work horse, I would look draft, etc etc...its not if we would buy an arabian, its basically what suits to our discipline.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:37 pm

Andy wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#A name=201832#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=4#ed_cl#babytigger #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#TB's origins are from Arabians so you have to love them for that!!#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oh andy - i'm very aware of that!! but now, hundreds of years later, i don't think it has a huge influence anymore, it was&nbsp;just the original influence that made the difference. a friend of mine, who loved arabs, always reminded me of that!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#again, to each their own. i have come across some wonderful arabs (we had a couple or arab crosses years ago when i took lessons), and of course, some i wouldn't touch with a ten ft pole! but it's the same for TBs, WBs etc.....they, like us, are all individuals.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya each breed has its horses with "crazy personalities" that no one wants to deal with but its not just arabs its all breeds :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Previous

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling