Baby Names

Names for Horses, Stables, Trucks etc.....Looking for a name? Have a suggestion?

Moderator: EC

Baby Names

Postby Dee22 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#... for a human baby LOL... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#my girlfriend is pregnant, her and her husband have chosen a name for a boy but she can't think of ANY girl names... I decided I'd put a post here to see if anyone has any 'interesting' names they'd like to share. She's a fan of 'different' names... an example would be the boys name she has chosen: London .#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, if any of you can think of anything pretty, doesn't *have* to be different or unusual, she likes classic, pretty names too... I'd appreciate it! Thanks :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:43 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmmm there are a few that I can think of...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Farrah#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Falon#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hailey#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#India#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jenna#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jolene#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kari#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bailey #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zoe #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zarha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is about it for now...lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would have thought that girls names are much easier to find than boys names! For one thing, over the past decade, parents have been stealing very good boys names and using them for girls... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/5.gif"#ed_cl# I hate that! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In terms of unusual (but not so unusual as to be weird--like Apple) girl names, I like Asia and Parise (NOT Paris, which is a boy's name). But much depends on the last name the baby will have. The names have to sound good together.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Teegan#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Meredith#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Madison#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mercedes (It was a name before a car!!!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dana#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Melissa#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Dee22 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Some of these are very nice names guys! Thanks :) Keep them coming and I'll pass them on to my friend.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#By the way, the babies last name will be 'Stowe' :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Trufflemaker LOL, The name she chose for a boy 'London', is actually a girls name LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Lix » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I ever have children, and I have a girl, her name will be:  Malikah.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love love love love love that name.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hehe - I know.... it does sound very close to Meeka now doesn't it?  ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby chenders01 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I tend to like the "older" names but not the ones that have become "trendy" in the past few years (Hannah, Emma, etc).  I've never been one to follow the trends.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've always loved the name "Lydia" for a girl.  Also, "Opal" is an older name I like, as well as "Rose".  I think that "Lydia Stowe" sounds really nice #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//grin.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for "London"...really??  Poor kid...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've always wanted to have a grey mare and name her London......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Naomi#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chanti#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Charlotte#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Marion#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Abigail#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Isabell(a)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Darklis#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ariadna#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Genvieve#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Willow#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Danea#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kyla#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Marissa#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Larissa#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gillian#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ginny#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Casady#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Casey#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Paige#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Divya#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rhiannon#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I say Alex or Savanna for a girl.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Andy, Dusty(Dustin), or Dillon for a boy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol...the funny thing about all these names...they are horses Ive rode..hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby Ruth » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love Savannah too. What else, hmmm...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Arden#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jasmine#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Shannon#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Alithe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Alia#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Liat#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I work with an Israeli girl called Hagit who thinks I should name a horse after her!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lilith#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Carys#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#my personal fav is...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nevaeh (Ne-vay-ah)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#but thats MO#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#P.S. it spells heaven backwards#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby taco2 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cheyenne#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dakota#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sierra#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Savannah#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Shaynah#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Montana#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tieranee (prounced Teer-a-nee)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jade#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Devyn#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Danika#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sasha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Penelope (penny)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And some good classics...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Emma#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Abbey (Abigail)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Jessica#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sarah#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Shannon#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses Are Like Chips.....Once you have one....You Can't Stop
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kaleena » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I only have one to add.... Jaden, not sure if thats the right spelling, pronounced Jay-den. Thats what my cousin named her little girl and I just love it for some reason.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *rickie* » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Well I'll share,#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#If I have a girl (not that I'm expecting) her name will be Daphnie (pronouced Daf-Knee) I just LOVE that name! I really really like Molly, but everyone is naming their dogs that, so I kinda can't name my kid after my fiance's sister's dog! hahahaha So in order to have my "Molly" in there, her middle name would be Molly. So I'd have a Daphnie Molly.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#As for a boy he will be named William, b/c the fiance has decided that it HAS to be that! I wanted Seth. I've love the name Seth since I was 16.....and no one was EVER called Seth...well now it's becomming a trendy boy name! so I'll have William Seth!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Other names that I really like are:#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Zoe#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Echo (for a girl)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Terriennia (pronouced Treena, but if you pronouce it the way that it is spelt, it sounds like some wild flower!, which I also love!)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Jackson for a boy!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#That's all I can think of right now though....#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The girl whose mat leave I am covering has a relative who named their baby after their dog. So they have both a dog and a daughter both called Tara! I cannot hear the name Tara without thinking of that story. They did initially name the baby something else, but decided that they loved the name so much that they changed it to Tara in the first week.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats funny Ruth..same thing happened to my mom and stepdad..they couldn't decide on a name, so they called my sister the cats name and changed the cats name! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to Ultimate Equestrian Name Databank