Which bits?

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Which bits?

Postby Tara0026 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am fairly new to the hunter/jumper discipline and I would like to start a small collection of bits that would be good to have. Just wondered which kinds/brands would be good to start off with. (something in the low to medium price range would be good) Thanks!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tara0026
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Megan Ball » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just use regular old snaffles! SOme times a rubber bit snaffle is good too, especially for winter so you don't have to warm up the bit!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Snaffles snaffles snaffles...full cheeks! D-rings, French-links! Copper Rollers! Waterfords, Eggbutts, looserings, etc etc. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love to play around with the snaffles. They're mild, and its a good chance to see what works best for your horse! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling