I SAW GEORGE MORRIS!!

Chat about training tips and exercises, fave riders, clinics and shows

Moderator: EC

I SAW GEORGE MORRIS!!

Postby BarnBratCSA » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What an amazing clinic! I saw 2...he did one in the morning with jumpers and one in the afternoon with hunters.  Both were amazing....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For the jumpers, there were some really nice horses...he started them out with some basic excercises... he's tough, and he definitely tells it how it is, but I like that!  Aside from the fact that these obnoxious people who didnt even know who he was (how is that?!) sat behind us talking the WHOLE time even after we asked them to stop, it was amazing.   HE RODE!  There was this one horse acting up a bit, stopping and just being nasty, so he had one of the other rides get on and ride, and when that didnt work, he took of his coat and got ready to get on...the crowd went wild!!!  What an amazing experience, getting to see GEORGE MORRIS ride a horse!  he had the horse corrected in no time!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I particularly enjoyed the hunters.   He happened to get on again, to demonstrate something.  I learned so much by just watching and listening and I couldn't wait to take it home and apply it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He is very "old school" in his training, but I prefer that....the stuff he teaches and uses has been working for decades.  All of these new fads...who knows if they'll work long-term? the clinic was amazing, and I would definitely reccomend that if you have the chance to see him - DO IT!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also watched Clinton Anderson, Darren Chiaccia (eventing) and Steffen Peters (dressage).  I wanted to catch some of Charmayne James (barrel racing) but she was in a different arena at the same time as George Morris, so...   maybe next time! Our Equine Affaire keeps getting better and better with it's list of clinicians... in the past I've seen Karen and David O'Connor, Lynn Palm....  so many great ones!  And it's only $12 US to get in, all the clinics are free!! WELL WORTH the $12! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#*Sigh*...he is amazing isn't he? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby CoBud » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your so lucky!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
CoBud

Postby Pony Hunter » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WOW! You got to see him ride in person! That is soo cool!!! You are so lucky, did you get pictures? You better have  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley17.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Pilgram » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:24 pm

SOund slike you had a load of fun.Indeed george is an amazing rider but
to see him ride in your pressance is an experiance of a lifetime. At
least thats how it would feel if i was theyre lol congrats BB
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby BarnBratCSA » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, it was amazing to see him ride... something I think I'll always remember.  He makes it look so effortless, even on that really rank horse!  I didnt get pictures - the digital camera's on the fritz.  Wish I'd gotten some though!  He said he was 14 in 1952 when he won the Medals, so that makes him... 67??   WOW... I only hope I can still ride like that when I'm his age! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No kidding! I believe he's the youngest to have won it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oh so jealous....you lucky girl!!!!!!!!!! and all for $12....dang!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Return to Hunter/Jumper